- top rated
"I have to say I was very surprised when I heard the results. It really does sound like the way I record guitars and it makes me want to do a lot more setups for them."Tue Madsen. Legendary Danish Demon Metal Producer.
"Vintage Amp Room & Metal Amp Room will be the mainstays on the project above the competition."Robert Bronnimann. Producer and remixer. (Howard Jones, Kate Bush, Andy Hunter)
"When you can't afford the real-deal metal amp, Softube Metal Amp is your best bet."Barry Rudolph. Contributing editor for MIX Magazine and columnist for Music Connection Magazine.
Metal Amp Room
Metal Amp Room was designed to bring you the most brutal, evil and aggressive guitar sound that is possible to squeeze out of your DAW. It may even contain backward messages. Run it in mono for a tight and focused sound, or let it take up your entire stereo width by the use of two panned microphones.
We should probably add it to our end user agreement that by installing Metal Amp Room to your DAW, you agree to having it posessed by a dark and evil force. Plus you may want to consult an exorcist if you should ever wish to uninstall.
Just kidding. Metal Amp Room won't make your computer screen spin (and you won't want to uninstall it either), but it was designed with the intent of letting you metal heads get the most fiercely brutal high gain guitar sound possible out of your DAW.
Metal Amp Room was co-developed with Patrik Jensen (The Haunted) and tailored to his needs. The continuous mic placement from Vintage Amp Room is here as well, but this time with twin mics and adjustable stereo panning. Get a huge stereo sound with complex adjustable phasing effects, a plain old one-mic-right-against-the-cone, or anything in between.
Included is also a fantastic gate, great for palm muting galore. It opens insanely fast - faster than any hardware gate - and its release (how fast it closes after being opened) is program-dependent. This means that fast playing will give you an extremely fast closing gate, while slow playing will yield a slower release.
The cabinets were measured in the In Flames studio (previously known as Studio Fredman) by Tue Madsen (producer of Dark Tranquility, Sick Of It All, Mnemic) and Patrik Jensen. Among the presets, you will find Tue Madsen's own personal favorites.
- Raw and authentic metal guitar amp sound
- Made in collaboration with Patrik Jensen (The Haunted) and producer Tue Madsen. Cabinet simulations made in the In Flames studio.
- Program-dependent guitar noise gate
- Two cabs with two mics per cabinet
- Easy to use balancing stereo mic preamp for balancing the two mics
- Flexible & continuous click-and-drag mic positioning
- Fully automatable parameters
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
Note: All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
AAX DSP version:
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
Please note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported.
- top rated