- top rated
A NEW WAY TO LEARN SYNTHESIS
Syntorial is video game-like training software, that will teach you how to program synth patches by ear. With almost 200 lessons, combining video demonstrations with interactive challenges, you'll get hands on experience programming patches on a built-in soft synth, and learn everything you need to know to start making your own sounds with ease.
This isn't your ordinary synth tutorial. This is Syntorial.
Syntorial doesn’t just show you how synth programming works. It engages you in 129 Interactive Challenges in which you have to program patches on a built-in synth. You aren’t just learning how to design sound, you are becoming a sound designer.
FOR MUSICIANS, NOT PHYSICISTS
Instead of talking about the science and physics behind synthesizers, Syntorial will show you how each control effects sound, as well as when, why and how you would use them when designing sounds. This is information that you can immediately apply to real-life situations.
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE EAR
One step at a time, Syntorial trains your ear to recognize how each control shapes and manipulates sound. By the end of the program you’ll be able to take the sounds you hear and re-create them, completely by ear.
SYNTH PLUGIN INCLUDED
Syntorial's built-in synth, known as Primer, also comes as a VST/AU plugin, included with your purchase of Syntorial. This way you can take the very synth that you're training on, and use it in any recording software that accepts VST and AU plugins.
The Cakewalk Z3TA+ 2 Lesson Pack adds 37 extra videos, totaling 3 Hours and 17 minutes. Each video demonstrates how to apply everything you've learned in Syntorial, on Z3TA+ 2. Get to know Z3TA+ 2's ins and outs, and take advantage of the endless sonic manipulations it has to offer.
MINIMOOG VOYAGER LESSON PACK
The Minimoog Voyager Lesson Pack adds 34 videos, totaling 2 hours and 22 minutes. Each video demonstrates how to apply everything you've learned in Syntorial, on the Voyager. Get to know your Voyager's ins and outs, and learn the true value of this classic analog hardware synth.
SYLENTH1 LESSON PACK
The Sylenth1 Lesson Pack adds 38 videos, totaling 2 hours and 47 minutes, demonstrating how to apply everything you’ve learned in Syntorial, on Sylenth1, and guides you through the recreation of 46 Syntorial patches in Sylenth1. Learn how to really take advantage of Sylenth1’s rich virtual analog sound and unique layered interface.
- 129 CHALLENGES - Learn by doing! Complete challenges by programm patches with Syntorial’s built-in synth.
- 706 PATCHES - Program, program, program. After all, that’s what it’s all about, right? By the end you will have programmed over 700 patches, from simple to complex, familiar to strange.
- 33 ON YOUR OWN - Syntorial will give you periodic tasks to be carried out on your own with whatever synth(s) you use.
- 147 VIDEOS - Everything is taught through video demonstrations using the same synth that you’ll use in the challenges.
- 64 SYNTH PARAMETERS - Syntorial covers the most common parameters found on most synths.
- 39 QUIZZES - Multiple choice questions to help you retain and remember everything you learn
- Pay once and get Syntorial on 3 platforms: Mac, PC and iPad
- Mac (10.6 and above)
- PC (8, 7, or Vista)
- iiOS 8 or later
- MIDI keyboard recommended, but not required.
"Syntorial is the most direct route between hearing a sound in your head and knowing how to bring it to life. Lesson-by-lesson,...
There are countless books and videos on the topic of synthesis that aim to explain the theory and give you tips for programming your own sounds....
Syntorial: The Most Fun Way To Learn Synth Programming How do you learn to program a synthesizer? The owner’s manual is a good...