- top rated
"In New York Studios Vol 3, Toontrack have another hit on their hands."Sound On Sound. Music recording magazine offering product reviews, news and subscription information.
"Another fine addition to the SDX line!"MusicRadar. MusicRadar.com is an online resource for musicians, producers and DJs. Featuring a wealth of exclusive content and a burgeoning community.
The New York legacy Continues
Three (3) Full Kits Recorded in One of the Greatest Acoustic Environments in the World.
This is the much anticipated continuation of Toontrack’s New York Studios Legacy series, focusing on capturing the best studios in the New York area. Recorded in the renowned Avatar Studios and featuring several vintage and custom kits, this session is best described as a prequel to the much praised core library in Toontrack’s award-winning Superior Drummer, also recorded in Avatar studios and by the same team, engineer duo Neil Dorfsman and Pat Thrall together with drummer Nir Z.
Avatar Studios is known for having one of the world’s finest acoustic environments for recording and has won several industry awards. Since its inception in the 1970s, it’s hosted bands and artists like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Journey, Kings of Leon and The Clash.
The drums were recorded through a Neve 8068 console and signal chains of modern and vintage studio gear by an engineer/drummer team that has decades worth of experience behind the console and in the tracking room. Between them, they have worked with artists covering the whole gamut of genres, from classic rock (Kiss,Meatloaf, Bruce Springsteen) to soul (Joss Stone, John Mayer) and modern pop (Beyoncé, Katy Perry).
Please Note: Superior Drummer 2 is required - Sound Expansion for Superior Drummer 2.
- Recorded in the legendary Avatar Studios in New York City
- 18 GB of raw, unprocessed drum sounds recorded through Neve, Pultec and GML signal chains
- Three (3) full kits (Ludwig, Slingerland, Rogers) and additional snares
- Several setups of different cymbals
- Included MIDI library played by session drummer Nir Z
- Included presets for instant mix-ready sounds
- 14×20″ Slingerland 1964
- 16×24″ Ludwig Maple Shell 1979 Powerstation Kit
- 14×20″ Rogers 1966Snare drums:
- 5.5×14″ Slingerland 1964 wood
- 5.5×14″ Burned Edge Zebra Snare
- 6.5×14″ Ludwig Black Beuty 1982
- 5.5×14″ GMS Aluminum Nir Z Prototype High Tuned
- 5.5×14″ GMS Aluminum Nir Z Prototype Low Tuned
- 5.5×14″ Rogers Kenton 1963
- 10×12″, 14×14″, 16×16″ Slingerland 1964
- 11×13″, 16×16″, 16×18″ Ludwig Maple Shell 1979 PowerStation Kit, Remo Ambassador Clear Heads
- 9×12″, 10×13″, 16×16″ Rogers 1966
- Top: 16″ Manhattan HHX Crash
- Bottom: 16″ HH Medium Crash
Cymbal Setup 1:
- POS1: 16″ HHX Evolution Ozone Crash
- POS2: 18″ HHX Manhattan Crash
- POS3: 17″ AA Thin Crash
- POS4: 16″ HHXtreme Crash
- POS5: 17″ HHX Legacy Crash
- POS6: 20″ HHX Chinese
Cymbal Setup 2:
- POS1: 14″ Chinese AAX Mini
- POS2: 18″ AA Thin Crash
- POS3: 18″ HHX Legacy Crash
- POS4: 10″ MAXX STAX Splash
- POS5: SPOCK 16″ Handhammered HH Duo Crash /
- 17″ Evolution Effeks Crash
- POS6: 17″ HHX Xtreme Crash
Cymbal Setup 3:
- POS1: 12″ Wuhan Chinese
- POS2: 12″ Evolution Splash
- POS3: 14″ HHX Evolution Crash
- POS4: 10″ HHX Splash
- POS5: 18″ Hand hammered HH Thin Crash
- POS6: 17″ Evolution HHX Effeks Crash
- 22″ AA Soundcontrol
- 22″ Artisan Ride
- 22″ AA Classic Ride
- New York Volume 3 SDX - Slingerland Kit Ambient
- New York Volume 3 SDX - Ludwig Kit Close Mix
- Kick - EV 868 / Neumann U47 FET -> Pulteq MEQ-5 -> GML EQ 8200
- Kick Comp - Kick Bus -> EQP Pulteq -> GML EQ 8200 -> Neve 32264 Comp
- Kick PZM - PZM -> Pulteq MEQ-5
- Kick Sub - Yamaha NS10 Sub
- Snare Top - Shure SM56
- Snare Bottom - Shure SM57
- Snare Comp - SnareTop -> Pulteq -> Neve 32264 Comp
- Snare Rim - Countrymen 101 taped to the rim
- SD Sansamp - SnareTop -> Sansamp
- Tom1 - Top Sennheiser 421 / Bottom Sennheiser 421 -> Bottom to Drawmer Gate -> Both bussed to Pulteq EQP
- Tom2 - Top Sennheiser 421 / Bottom Sennheiser 421 -> Bottom to Drawmer Gate -> Both bussed to Pulteq EQP
- Tom3 - Top Sennheiser 421 / Bottom Sennheiser 421 -> Bottom to Drawmer Gate -> Both bussed to Pulteq EQP
- Hats- AKG451
- OH - Schoeps CMC5U -> Pulteq EQP
- Near AMB - KM54 -> SSL Comp
- Mid AMB - Coles -> Distressor
- Far AMB - Neumann U87 -> LA-3A
- Brauner Mono - Trowbridge preamp -> Trowbridge Comp
- Mono SM7 - Shure SM7 -> Neve 32264 Comp
- Bullet - Bullet -> Mesa Boogie Amp -> SM53
- Phone - Phone Mic
- EMT140 - EMT140 Plate Reverb
- 18 GB of free hard disk space, DVD drive, 2 GB RAM.
- Please note: A working Superior Drummer 2.3 (or above) installation is required.
The New York Studios series is the centrepiece of Toontrack's amazing Superior Drummer virtual drum kit system, the core library itself...
Toontrack's Superior Drummer, currently at v2.3, is well established amongst the elite of virtual drum instruments. It provides all the mixing,...
- top rated
You may also like
- top rated