- top rated
TRAX v3- The Next Generation Voice and Sonic Processing Tools
A suite of no less than three ingenious processors using advanced technology, developed during the last decades, by the sound analysis/synthesis team at IRCAM. These precision tools provide truly innovative signal transformation algorithms allowing the user to alter sound characteristics such as; pitch, timbre and duration, using a highly intuitive user interface.
Transformer - Real-time Voice and Sonic Modelling Processor
TRAX Transformer v3 is based on an augmented phase vocoder technology and a cutting edge transformation algorithm, allowing for manipulating characteristic properties of a voice such as gender, age and breath, and on any other sound; expression, formant and pitch.
These voice transformation algorithms have already been used, with great success, in international and French cinema productions. (Farinelli, Vatel, Tirésia, Les amours d'Astrée and Céladon).
Cross Synthesis - Spectral Envelope Morphing Processor
TRAX Cross Synthesis v3 utilizes a phase vocoder (the amplitude and the frequency/phase spectra), to morph the spectral characteristics of two sounds. The amplitude and frequency/phase spectra can be blended continuously and since the features that are used here are strongly nonlinear, the sound morphing is nonlinear as well, offering a way to create a wide range of new exciting and unusual sound effects.
Source Filter - Enhanced Sound Filtering
TRAX Source Filter v3 is based on a signal model decomposing the signal into a time envelope describing the energy/loudness contour of the sound, and a spectral envelope describing the spectral colour of the sound timbre. The energy contour and the spectral colour of the source sound, can be continuously blended with the spectral colour and energy contour of an arbitrary filtrating sound, allowing transformation that extend well beyond the more common source filter morphing effect.
Signal Processing Features:
- Input/Output gain controls for adjusting the levels before and after processing
- Dry Mix control (Dry/Wet with gain compensation) allowing for parallel processing or for blending some of the original "peak" into the processed signal
- Bypass routes te incoming signal direct to the output for a true smooth transition between processed and clean signal
TRAX Transformer only
Preset and Parameter Handling / Slots
To enhance the workflow the two Preset/Parameter slots, A and B, can be loaded with two full set of parameters at the same time. Apart from saving each preset, a "Global Preset" containing both the A and B settings, and the position of the "Morphing Slider", can be saved.
Parameter Morphing Slider with Automation
The Morphing Slider provides morphing between the parameter settings of slot A/B allowing for really creative and useful real-time tweaking. Enabling the Automation control button exposes the Morphing Slider to the host automation.
Availability - The Ircam Trax v3 plug-ins are available in the following configurations:
- Native - AU / VST / AAX Native / AAX AudioSuite
Processing Specifications - The TRAX v3 plug-ins, as all Flux:: plug-ins, provide:
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output
- 64-bits internal floating point processing
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz DXD (Pyramix DSP based)
- Sampling rate up to 192 kHz for Native (AU/VST/AAX/AAX AudioSuite)
- *Due to the nature of TRAX Cross Synthesis and Source Filter, they only support 2 channels Input/Output
- All major native formats are supported
- Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8,1 and 10 all in both 32 and 64 bits
- VST (2.4)
- AAX Native
- AAX AudioSuite
Mac OS X (Intel)
- 10.7.5, 10.8.5, 10.9.5, 10.10.5 and 10.11.5 in both 32 and 64 bits
- VST (2.4)
- AAX Native
- AAX AudioSuite
- An iLok user account is required to run this software (the iLok USB Smart Key is not required). Click HERE to set up an iLok account
- The TRAX v3 AAX Native & AAX AudioSuite plug-ins supports 32 bit in Pro Tools 10.3.5 and 64 bit in Pro Tools 11
- Due to AVID ProTools changing to AAX, from Version 3 (v3) RTAS for AVID ProTools is no longer supported