- top rated
A Modern Classic
Sometimes a grand piano is just too, well... grand. Maybe you need something smaller and more intimate. In those cases, the Modern Upright is the perfect choice.
About Modern Upright
The Instrument and its Presets
Yamaha U3 Upright Piano:
Our Modern Upright is based on a Yamaha U3 piano in excellent condition that was recorded with great care in a large auditorium. This auditorium is a soundstage that is mainly used to broadcast live performances with very high acoustical standards. The room has a detailed ambience with a medium/long decay time.
Modern Upright features seven microphone perspectives ranging from close to far, floor to soundboard and mono to stereo. This gives you nearly limitless sound design options and lets you tailor the sound of the piano to the exact needs of your song, all within the Addictive Keys engine.
We Recorded Using the Following:
- Front Ribbon (Stereo XY): Coles 4038
- Front Ribbon (Stereo Wide): Coles 4038
- Back Tube (Stereo Wide): Sela T25
- Bottom Tube (Mono): Neumann U47
- Floor PZM (Stereo Wide): Sennheiser MKE212
- Close Ribbon (Mono): RCA 6203
- Ambient Tube (Stereo XY): Neumann M269
About Galleries and ExploreMaps
Helping you Learn and Discover Sounds:
Our Gallery page (accessed by pressing the "Gallery" button) shows general information about the installed Addictive Keys instruments as well as those available in the online shop. The bottom of the Gallery page shows thumbnails of the available ExploreMaps for the currently selected instrument.
The ExploreMap page (accessed by pressing the "Explore" button) contains a selection of presets that you can easily preview and select with one click. This makes it easy to explore the various possible sounds. Many ExploreMaps also contain convenient macro controllers for fast/easy editing.
- Yamaha U3 Upright Piano
- Distinct, blendable characteristics
- 7 Different recording perspectives
- Addictive Keys works as a virtual instrument running inside your host music software. It supports all of the major plug-in formats: VST & AU (32 and 64-bit), RTAS (32 bit) and AAX (64 bit).
- This means you can use Addictive Drums within most music applications including: Pro Tools, SONAR, Cubase, Logic, Live and many others.
- Addictive Keys can also work as a standalone instrument, without requiring host music software. This makes it easy to load an instrument, find an inspiring preset, and start playing without having to launch your music software.