- top rated
Warm and Intimate Tones
Start playing this warm, beautiful instrument and chances are good that you'll find yourself still playing it several hours later.
About Mark One
Our Mark One Instrument is based on a Fender Rhodes Mk. 1 electric piano. This king of electric pianos is played through a vintage tube combo amp and captured by rare vintage mics for a sublime sound. The tone can go from a smooth enthralling caress to a searing, crunchy sound that cuts through the densest mix.
The Instrument and its Presets
Fender Rhodes Mk. 1 Stage Piano:
Our Mark One instrument is based on a Fender Rhodes Mk. 1 electric piano. The Rhodes Mk. 1 has been the most popular electric piano for more than four decades and is heard on countless hit records. Rhodes pianos can vary in sound, and this particular instrument was selected for its unmistakable warmth and intimacy.
While the instrument's line output can be recorded "direct," it is often played through an amplifier to add some crunch and character. For this recording, we used a MusicMan 112 RD Fifty 1x12". Different recording setups can be mixed and matched to give you endless sound design options!
With the tube combo set up in a large recording room, vintage microphones was positioned at both close and far away perspective capturing the amp close-up and with natural ambience. To add variety, three mics were positioned next up to the speaker; a dynamic, a tube condenser and a ribbon microphone. One floor and one room microphone setup were used for the option of adding depth and ambience to the recordings.
In addition to the acoustical recordings, two line signals were also recorded: One "direct" through high-voltage DI box and another through the classic Roland Dimension D analog stereo chorus.
We Recorded Using the Following:
Music Man 112 RD combo amp (Close Mic):
- Telefunken U47 Tube Condenser
- Coles 4038 Ribbon
- Shure SM57 Dynamic
Ambient (Room) Recording:
- Neumann SM69 Stereo Microphone
- Clean Line Output
- Line Output through Roland Dimension D
- Sela T25 Stereo Microphone
About Galleries and ExploreMaps
Helping you Learn and Discover Sounds:
Our Gallery page (accessed by pressing the "Gallery" button) shows general information about the installed Addictive Keys instruments as well as those available in the online shop. The bottom of the Gallery page shows thumbnails of the available ExploreMaps for the currently selected instrument.
The ExploreMap page (accessed by pressing the "Explore" button) contains a selection of presets that you can easily preview and select with one click. This makes it easy to explore the various possible sounds. Many ExploreMaps also contain convenient macro controllers for fast/easy editing.
- Fender Rhodes Mk. 1 Stage Piano
- Classic and Intimate Sound
- 7 Different recording perspectives
- Addictive Keys works as a virtual instrument running inside your host music software. It supports all of the major plug-in formats: VST & AU (32 and 64-bit), RTAS (32 bit) and AAX (64 bit).
- This means you can use Addictive Drums within most music applications including: Pro Tools, SONAR, Cubase, Logic, Live and many others.
- Addictive Keys can also work as a standalone instrument, without requiring host music software. This makes it easy to load an instrument, find an inspiring preset, and start playing without having to launch your music software.
- top rated