- top rated
"I always start my sessions with drumazon now, it is so nice to finally have a realistic software based 909"Levon Vincent. - Levon Vincent is a DJ from New York City. He runs the Novel Sound label which has seen vinyl releases by himself and legendary DJ Jus Ed.
"The Drumazon and Nepheton are the most realistic sounding drum machines in the world. My choice for the classic sound in an easy to use and dependable set up!!"Freddy Fresh. - Professional DJ, Producer and artist since 1988.
Loop+ Quick Tip Video: Assigning Multiple Audio Outputs For D16 Drumazon .ALP
Drumazon synthesis emulates all the sounds of the original 9O9. All the instruments are synthesized in exactly the same way as the original. All the nuances and detail of the original are captured perfectly. In addition, all Drumazon instruments have enhanced controls. This extra functionality allows the user to adjust the sounds further than on the original unit. This opens up a whole new world of sound creation.
Drumazon has a flexible output configuration. Every instrument's audio signal can be routed to any of the 11 outputs. This allows users to further shape sounds individually or in groups via their favourite plug-ins. Each individual output can be set to mono or stereo. Every instrument also has a Mute and Solo button. Mute will not just silence the sound, it will stop the sound being triggered. Solo will stop all other instruments from being triggered and only allow the selected sound(s) to play.
Drumazon has extensive midi control. Midi notes can be used to trigger each individual sound. Alternatively, the internal sequencer can be used. This can be set to play using Drumazon's internal clock or set to synchronize perfectly to the host sequencer. Most of Drumazon's parameters can be automated within the host and also controlled using MidiCC with an external controller. An easy-to-use Midi Learn function allows reassignment of any of the parameters.
Within the internal sequencer, patterns are stored in 8 banks. Each bank can store up to 12 patterns. Each pattern consists of 16 steps. Each pattern location has a midi note number assigned to it. The patterns can be edited traditionally using the step buttons or using the tap function.
The internal sequencer has various modes of operation. In Chain Mode, a range of patterns are selected from the internal banks and are played through in a circular fashion. Patterns can also be triggered freely by selecting the corresponding midi note (for example, from a midi controller keyboard). External controllers can be used in any mode to provide full control over pattern playback.
A Randomizer function is also provided within the internal sequencer. It can be used to make simple changes to a pattern or create a whole new one - ideal when your creativity needs a boost! Randomizing can be applied to specific instruments and specific steps. The frequency of occurrence can also be adjusted to give you just the right amount.
Files are stored in the XML format. This allows single patterns or whole banks to be exchanged between users easily. XML allows the files to be edited in a text editor. Ideal if you want to post or share a pattern on a web site - just post the text!
The settings for each instrument can be stored in it's own preset. Each instrument preset can be loaded in individually. This allows maximum flexibility when putting kits of instruments together. A dedicated Preset Manager is provided to help the user manage the sounds within their own unique library.
- Truly emulated instruments' synthesis
- Perfectly scaled knob ranges with few modifications enlarging spectrum of the sounds
- Exhanced control of instruments' sound
- Dynamic signal routing from instruments to outputs
- User defined plugin outputs settings
- Mutes/solos for each instrument (affect triggerring not just the signal)
- Fully controllable via MidiCC
- Quick midiCC assignation with MidiLearn function
- Individual presets per instrument with preset manager to easy control
Many ways of controlling the device:
- External mode (note mode)
- Internal sequencer (pattern mode) with 3 submodes
- MIDI map equivalent with the classic drum machine's map
- MIDI tune and velocity controls instruments' levels and tunes
- 8 banks with 12 patterns per bank
- Each pattern up to 16 steps of length
- Each pattern defined with one of four available measures
- Each step can be defined normal or flamed and accented or not
- Shuffle mode
- Flam mode
- Tap mode
- Chain mode
- Shuffle, Flam and TotalAccent values defined globally and per pattern
- Scale function and intelligent Rescale (automatically stretches pattern to the chosen measure)
- Built in Randomizer (selection of instruments to random, steps to be affected, frequency of the randomized notes and more)
- Patterns import/export via human readable xml files
Two modes of synchronization:
- Precise synchronization to the host tempo
- Synchronization to internal clock - tempo controlled in the range 30-303 BPM (+-0.1)
- OS version: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Software: VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Mac OS X
- OS version: 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.
- CPU: Intel based 1.5 Ghz (2.0 Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Software: AU / VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Note: It's not a standalone program so you need a host application to use it.
Also available in these bundles
You may also like
- top rated