- top rated
Sometimes the best EQ is a compressor
Multiband Dynamics is a plug-in that allows you to add clarity, warmth and punch to your mix. It shapes timbral quality of your audio by running it through a three-band crossover, and providing independent compression in each frequency range before summing the result through a limiter. Without compression, you can broadly shape the timbre of your tracks, and if you need dynamic range control or dynamic EQ, simply enable the compressor for the band.
Multiband Dynamics is an essential tool for mixing and mastering, but can also be used for sound design and other audio processing.
Grammy Award-Winning Engineer Gary Noble found that “The Multiband Dynamics processor recently helped me rescue part of a song,” he shared. “A break included a bass synth that was completely different from the bass texture used in the rest of the song. Raw, the new bass just didn’t fit in the song. But with a few moments and the Multiband Dynamics processor, I was able to lock it right in.”
Grammy Award-Winning Engineer Tony Maserati adds, “Metric Halo has a long history of solid performance that uses surprisingly little DSP resources. A testament to Metric Halo’s stability is the fact that I’m now using Metric Halo’s Multiband Dynamics plug-in on my mix bus. That’s unusual for me, and I wouldn’t do that if I wasn’t completely confident.”
Dynamics in modern recordings is always a challenge, and Grammy Award-Winning Producer and Engineer Julian King has found that “Unfortunately dynamic range in commercial recordings is almost non-existent and there seems to be an expectation for songs to be nearly full scale from start to finish,” continued King. “My job is to create the impression of dynamics in the mix even if they aren’t really there, as there has to be some lift as you transition from, say, a verse to a chorus. My mentor Lynn Peterzell called this “illusionary dynamics.” The Metric Halo Multiband Dynamics does a great job of keeping things nice and full and musical while still delivering a modern, full-scale output. It does its job, but you don’t sense that it is beating up the music.”
- Low, mid, & high band compressors with selectable auto gain
- Comprehensive master-slave linking between bands
- Post-compressor limiter for level maximization
- Dynamic Transfer function to show the overall response
- SpectraFoo™ spectrum analysis built-in
- Scalable gain reduction meters
- Adjustable UI size
- MH Preset Manager - Provides cross-platform presets
Is MH Multiband Dynamics for you?
- Rely on the best sound quality available with Metric Halo’s award-winning DSP.
- Add clarity, warmth and punch to your mix.
- Make room in the mix for tracks that are getting stomped.
- Get inspired!
- Maximize level without losing apparent dynamics.
- Achieve broad equalization with high precision.
- Mangle sounds as desired.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer. Intel Processor. AU, VST, or AAX (Pro Tools 10, 11 & 12 DSP & Native) host. 32 & 64 bit
- Windows 7 or newer. Intel Processor. VST or AAX (Pro Tools 10, 11 & 12 DSP & Native) host. 32 & 64 bit
- An iLok.com account is required to run this software and can be set up at iLok.com
- An iLok dongle is optional - you may install the license on iLok for portability
- Only one license required - works on all supported platforms
Metric Halo are known for their very respected high end audio interfaces. I must admit that before they hit me up I didn’t even know they...