- top rated
(This is an Upgrade to Iris 2 for Existing Iris 1 Users.)
You will be asked to email your serial to our support so iZotope can confirm it is valid. Once your status as a registered Iris 1 user has been verified we will add your Iris 2 serial number to your account and notify you via e-mail.
Iris 2: The World is Your Instrument
Create and discover musical sounds that have never been heard before. An inspiring sample-based synthesizer, Iris 2 is immediately playable—combining the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the fun of spectral filtering.
Get started fast by selecting from hundreds of expertly crafted Bass, Keys, Leads, Pads, and Rhythmic patches. Then customize or build your own patches with an 11 GB factory library of intriguing audio samples, a modern modulation system, classic filters, evocative effects, and more. Explore a new world of musical possibilities with Iris 2.
- Explore a World of Sound: Load one of hundreds of fresh and inspiring patches, and easily experiment with the most relevant parameters via Macro controls.
- Build your Own Synth: Invent sounds that are completely your own by layering up to four different samples from a built-in collection of analog oscillator waveforms, an 11 GB sample library, or your own personal audio files.
- Design your Own Filters: Get the best-sounding and most unique filters by drawing, selecting, and isolating sonic components from each sample layer using iZotope's award-winning spectral filtering technology.
- Shape your Own Sound: Develop expressive, dynamic, and evolving musical sounds with the powerful and flexible new modulation system. Access every control from one window, or reveal only what you need with a dynamic new user interface.
An Epic Library of Patches and Sounds
Expand your sound palette with hundreds of exclusive musical patches from world-class sound designers and 11 GB of audio samples. Get inspired by the sounds, then explore new sonic territory. It’s easy to create or discover something totally new, just by tweaking a few controls.
Iris 2’s deep collection of patches will inspire you to create never-before-heard compositions and intricate, evolving soundscapes. Patch categories include Bass, Keys, Leads, Pads, and Rhythmic. Audio sample categories include Abstract, Environments, Instruments, Objects, Synthesizers, Toys, and Voice.
Note: The Trial version includes only 45 patches and a small sampling of the Sample Libraries. The remaining content will be available for download in your account once you install and authorize your purchase of Iris 2.
What is Iris 2?
Iris is an innovative, sample-based synthesizer that empowers you to create musical sounds like never before. Start by layering up to four distinctive audio samples, then use the spectrogram display and selection tools to spotlight the most interesting spectral characteristics.
Still hungry for more? Add attitude, dimension, and depth to your creation by applying iZotopeʼs world-class effects: chorus, reverb, delay, distortions, ﬁlters, and more. Or modulate more than one hundred parameters through a simple, single-click-and-drop assignment system.
- Inspiring New Patches: Get started quickly with hundreds of compelling new patches by world-class sound designers, in categories like Leads, Keys, Bass, Rhythmic, and more.
- 11 GB Sample Library: Explore 11 GB of audio samples, all provided as 24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler.
- OSC WAVs: Generate sounds from dozens of classic analog oscillator samples or oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs), now available in all four sample pools.
- Your Own Sound Library: Import your own audio files to craft truly one-of-a-kind sounds.
Unique Spectral Filtering Tools
Tweak your sounds deeply with Iris 2ʼs diverse and intuitive spectral selection tools. Iris 2 makes it fun to experiment and manipulate your selections even further, with additional controls for zooming, inverting, and more.
- Spectrogram Display: Visualize the frequency content of your audio and discover sonic details a traditional waveform doesn’t show you.
- Spectral Filter: Draw your own unique filter shapes and isolate specific frequencies to discover new sonic possibilities in your sample library.
- Selection Tools: Use a lasso for free-hand drawing of any size or shape, an adjustable brush for more ﬂuid selections, and a magic wand for intelligent selection of harmonic regions.
Flexible, New Modulation System
Bring movement and expression to your sound with dynamic tremolo effects, expressive vibratos, and radical filter sweeps, all easily synced to your host tempo. Apply up to five adjustable-curve ADSR envelopes as well as five LFOs with dozens of morphing wavetable options.
- Over 100 Modulatable Parameters: Sculpt your signature sound using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls.
- Envelopes: Advanced ADSR envelopes let you creatively experiment with your amplitude through adjustable curves, draggable nodes, invert mode, and modulation of all four parameters.
- LFO: Morph and Visualize Shape Changes with Real-Time Animation. Our LFOs contain 20 different wavetable types, each with multiple shapes and a modulatable control to move between them.
- MIDI Controllers and Macro Controls: Attach MIDI expression controls like key tracking, velocity, aftertouch, and the mod wheel, and save assignments with your patches. Create Macro controls to control multiple parameters with a single knob in perfect proportions.
Enhanced Effects and Filters
Iris 2 features some of the best of iZotope’s award-winning signal processing technology, available in Send or Master signal chains that save with every patch.
- Distortion: Add grit and saturation to your sound with six distortion filters like Tube, Clipping, and Aliasing, taken straight from iZotope’s award-winning Trash 2.
- Chorus: Supply a subtle widening or radical flanging with a spacious chorus effect, inspired by a classic ’80s synth chorus with modern flexibility and controls.
- Stereo Delay: Enjoy lush, crystal-clean decays with a tempo-syncable stereo delay. A bonus analog-modeled overdrive algorithm crunches and darkens your delayed signal like a classic tape echo or bucket-brigade pedal.
- Reverb: Expand your sense of space with a meticulously modeled Plate Reverb tailored specifically for synths, great for everything from subtle ambience to cavernous pads.
- Filters: Add a smooth, sweeping sound with 17 different filter ﬂavors, including classic analog Low-Pass and High-Pass filters as well as exotic Vocal Formant, Band Pass, and Peak filters from Trash 2.
We’ve optimized Iris 2 to be an instrument that helps inspire creativity and introduce new possibilities into your musical process. Each knob, button, panel, feature, and workflow has been reviewed with input from dozens of artists and users.
- Redesigned Interface: Find the right tool at the right time with a completely redesigned interface. Choose from a comprehensive all-in-one view, or hide/undock modules for a more streamlined view.
- Macro Controls: Quickly access and assign macro controls for easy customization of your sound. You can control them via the Patch Browser as well as an undockable window that can always be open.
- Visualizations: See the effects of modulation and filters in real time for every modulated parameter. Visualize your spectral content with a spectrum analyzer from our award-winning Insight metering suite, included right in the master section.
- Intelligent Zero Crossing: Loop sample selections seamlessly using our new Intelligent Zero Crossing technology.
What's New in Iris?
Flexible New Modulation System
Iris 2’s modulation system was completely rebuilt from the ground up. Now, over 100 parameters can be modulated—using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls—with a simple, single-click-and-drop assignment system.
Fresh and Inspiring Patches
An epic library of content is included with your Iris 2 purchase. The Iris 2 Sound Library includes hundreds of exciting new patches by world-class sound designers, plus an 11 GB sample library. Chock-full of 24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler, the sample library includes reorganized and remastered samples from the original Iris+8 library, as well as 3 GB of brand new samples for Iris 2.
Sample Pools that can Load a Sample and Classic Oscillator Waveforms
Enjoy increased flexibility with four sample pools that allow you to load any sample. Additionally, dozens of classic analog oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs) are now available in all four sample pools, quickly accessible right from the empty spectrogram.
Completely Redesigned Interface and Experience
Get inspired by a wealth of creative tools at your fingertips. Each knob, button, panel, feature, and workflow has been reviewed with input from dozens of artists and users to introduce new possibilities into your musical process.
Extensive Visualizations and Metering
Quickly identify the effects of your spectral filtering and processing. Every modulated parameter meters the effects of modulation in real time, and a version of the spectrum analyzer from our award-winning Insight metering suite is included right in the master section.
Enhanced Effects and Filters
The very best of iZotope’s award-winning signal processing technology is built right in, including distortion and filters from Trash 2, a crystal-clean new delay, and modulatable controls of nearly every parameter within the Multi-mode Master Filter and four effects processors.
Iris 2 runs as a plug-in or as a standalone application.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows: 7 and 8
- Mac: OS X 10.7 or later (Intel only)
- Ableton Live 8 and 9, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, FL Studio, Bitwig and many more.
- 32/64 bit Audio Units, VST, VST3, AAX, and RTAS
Installing the Full Iris 2 Sound Library:
The Trial version includes only 45 patches and a small sampling of the epic library of great-sounding content. The remaining patches and 11 GB of samples are available to you after you purchase Iris 2.
To Access the Full Iris 2 Sound Library After Purchase:
First, use your unique serial number to authorize your installation of Iris 2.
Then log in to your iZotope account, where you'll now have access to the Iris 2 Sound Library downloads.
Download the installers from your account and install them on your computer.
You may also like
- top rated