- top rated
Tape Construction Kit
We took a journey back to the Golden Age of magnetic tape recording. We wanted to recreate all kinds of tape machines in software, from the ground up. After many months spent on research, measurement and on developing an architecture that would be flexible enough for the job, we knew we had nailed it...
But we couldn't stop there: We added the old noise-reduction systems that were often (mis)used for timbral compression effects. Then more heads and a global feedback path, which made an uber-tape-delay and realistic 'one-shot' tape flanging possible.
Users familiar with analogue recording gear should instantly feel at home with Satin, and digital afficionados will also learn to love the magic of tape – Satin invites you to explore and find out for yourself.
Satin ships with a wide variety of presets - emulations of classic professional tape machines, cheap 'n nasty tape machines, tape delays, tape flanging/chorus... and a whole lot more!
The two large knobs adjust input and output levels - probably the most important controls in Satin!
Precise visual signal level monitoring is ensured through a combination VU & peak meter, with switchable RMS mode and variable reference level.
2 or 4-tap delay with variable routing, cyclic modulation, feedback filtering and limiter. Easily create beautiful organic space or precisely synchronized, complex patterns.
Unlike regular LFO-controlled digital flangers, this is the real deal. True tape flanging that legendary 'swoosh'! Doing this on a pair of real tape machines takes skill and practice - with Satin, you simply activate the Trigger.
In Studio mode, you can assign each instance of Satin to one of the eight groups. Each group will behave as a multitrack tape, 'remote-controlled' from any instance in that group.
A choice of encoder and decoder circuits brings back the era of noise-reduction systems that were (mis)used for all kinds of dynamic and spectral effects, including the legendary 'A-type vocal trick'.
Satin's speed control is continuously variable from 7.5 up to 30ips - it even re-adjusts the entire machine model as you tweak. Pre-emphasis allows for precise control over transients, tone and fidelity.
Satin lets you get seriously technical whenever you want: adjust numerous attributes of the tape, the heads and the surrounding circuitry. A handy analyzer makes alignments such as biasing easy and precise.
- Mix-and-match emulation spans all major historical developments in tape technology
- Control multiple instances from one panel - 'glue’ multiple tracks together
- High-quality: internal sample rate up to 384kHz, continuous tape speed control
- All the 'goodness' of tape (saturation, transient-smoothing, HF compression etc.)
- Full control over the 'badness' (head-bump, wow&flutter, asperity noise, hiss etc.)
- Record / repro EQ standards (separately selectable), classic NR compander standards
- Extra FX modes: through-zero tape flanging, host-synchronizable 4-tap stereo delay
- Current PC or intel Mac
- Multicore CPU with SSE2 (Sandy Bridge architecture or newer recommended)
- Mac OSX 10.5 or newer
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 30MB free disc space
- Display 1000x600px and up
- OSX: VST2 or AU compatible host software
- Windows: VST2 compatible host software
- Supports 32bit and 64bit in all formats
- NEW: AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11
Game-changing tape emulation plugin Analogue purists have long alleged that digital recording, whilst highly accurate and detailed, sounds...
Just as virtual analogue synths dominate the software instrument market, analogue-style effects have become increasingly popular in recent years,...
A sophisticated tape-modelling delay that emulates major historical developments in tape technology in high quality. Description U-he took a...