- top rated
Synthox 1.5 includes a large update to the factory preset library which now includes over 200 expertly designed patches. Loading time has been improved tremendously, increasing performance by as much as 70% thanks to recent improvements in the UVI Engine.
NEW IN VERSION 1.5!
Synthox now includes a deep sampling of the rare Elka EK-44 FM synthesizer, an expanded patch library, and dramatically faster load-times.
The raw analog power of the Elka Synthex returns in Synthox version 1.5, this time as a versatile hybrid Analog/FM workstation! Synthox features a dual-layer architecture which lets you freely mix raw waves from the Synthex and EK-44 for a wild new range of sonic possibilities. Both synths were fully serviced then deeply multi-sampled to give you a complete range of raw waveforms, noise oscillators and custom patches with the authentic hardware character.
Synthox 1.5 provides many easy-to-use modulation options via two arpeggiators (one per-layer), an LFO and a step modulator. Take full control over both layers waveshape, amplitude and filter envelopes as well as pitch, stereo and filter sections and a fast modwheel assignment system for versatile sound design and performance capabilities.
A widely regarded and increasingly rare analog synthesizer, the Synthex (1981-1985), comes from Italian manufacturer Elka and was made famous in part by Jean Michel Jarre. The unique oscillator design and lush filters in this synth pack a distinctly thick and raw sound. As these machines become older finding working units has become increasingly difficult. Now, Synthox 1.5 brings you the very best of this instrument in a convenient and extraordinary sounding soft-synth.
Also included in Synthox 1.5 is a deep sampling of the Elka EK-44 (1986). A rare 4-operator FM synth based around Yamaha’s YM2203 chips, the EK-44’s raw digital sound palette makes a brilliant counterpoint to the Synthex and can lead to some truly unique sounds.
From thick and sizzling textures to funky analog tones, digital bells and everywhere in-between, Synthox 1.5 is a fantastic instrument for those looking to draw on the classic 80’s sound of Elka.
- Dual-layer hybrid analog/FM synth
- Authentic raw wave library from Elka Synthex and EK-44
- Expanded preset library (over 200 patches)
- Size : 1.7 GB (FLAC lossless encoding, was 4.5 GB in WAV)
- Collection : Hybrid analog/FM synth
- Content : 1 Instrument, 202 presets, 5,616 samples
- Sample Resolution : 44.1 kHz. Recording at 96 kHz
- Miscellaneous : Available as a free upgrade to existing Synthox, Vintage Legends, and Vintage Vault users
- Audio Units, RTAS, AAX, VST, Stand-alone
- Mac OS X 10.7 and higher - OS X 10.10 Yosemite supported (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 and higher (32 and 64-bit)
- Hard Drive: 7 200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 4GB RAM (8GB+ highly recommended)
- FREE iLok account not necessarily an iLok dongle, just a free account
- Internet connection for the license activation
- UVI Workstation
- Digital Performer 7 & 8, Pro Tools 10 & 11, Logic 9 & X, Cubase 7+, Nuendo 6+, Ableton Live 8 & 9, Studio One 2, Garage Band 6, Maschine 1 & 2, Tracktion 4, Vienna Ensemble 5, MPC Renaissance, Reaper 4, Sonar X3, Main Stage 3, MuLab 5.5, Finale 2014, Sibelius 7