- top rated
Fraction Audio Slicing Workstation
Fraction is an effect plugin for deep real-time manipulation and re-engineering of sound. It features 8 slicers which record and repeat small portions of the input audio at defined points in time, slightly or radically changing the rhythmical arrangement. Each slice has three dedicated effect processors with a wide range of algorithms, and their parameters can be animated in perfect sync with the slice repeater. Rolls, stutters, fills, breaks and transitions can be done with unprecedented ease – but Fraction has enough power to create whole musical pieces out of almost anything.
Like every Sinevibes product, Fraction has a clean, carefully crafted user interface with animated and color-coded controls. Its live audio waveform display lets you visually place slice markers on particular sounds, and custom graphics for each effect type respond to effect parameters. So despite this many features, Fraction is a doddle to learn and enjoyable to use on daily basis.
- Real-time audio waveform preview for visual slice marker placement.
- Eight audio slicers with individual size, repeat count, forward/reverse playback, duck and gate settings.
- Variable slice trigger probability, realtime randomization for slice size and repeat count.
- Eight slice sets each holding slice positions and on/off switches.
- Thee separate effect units per slice with 15 algorithm types each: low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and band-reject filters, phaser, barber-pole phaser, positive and negative flangers, chorus, bit depth and sample rate reducers, analog drive, circuit-bent filter, frequency shifter and pitch shifter.
- Four parameter animation generators per slice, hardwired to slice repeat rate.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
'Fraction isn’t the first slice repeater plug-in. But it might be the most direct and intuitive. [...] It’s tough to describe just how much it’s able to do'. – Create Digital Music
Fraction works with Logic, GarageBand, Live, MainStage, ReNoise, Reaper, Studio One, Digital Performer, Tracktion and other software that supports Audio Unit effect plugins. It comes in 32/64 bit format for Intel Macs running OS X 10.6 or later, and supports Retina screen resolution.
Select, slice, repeat, effect. That’s the basic process behind the ever popular repeat effect. It’s an effect that’s used in...