- top rated
Please Note: This is an upgrade to RX 5 for registered users of RX 1-4. You will be asked to provide your existing RX serial, iZotope email address and Order number after purchase. (Advanced Upgrade also available).
The Professional’s Choice for Rescuing Audio
Enhance your audio and video editing software with the unique tools and groundbreaking new improvements of RX 5 Audio Editor noise reduction software. Repair, enhance, and restore problematic production audio — from plosives to microphone bumps to inconsistent levels — and dramatically improve sound quality and clarity.
- Instant Audio Repair: With a single mouse gesture, paint away problems using a visual editing tool that lets you directly interact with your audio.
- Faster Turnaround Times: With a renewed focus on workflow enhancements and solution-oriented tools, RX 5 minimizes the number of steps needed to solve various audio repair problems.
- Dialogue Production Re-Defined: Pioneering tools are designed not just to enhance the existing process and quality of dialogue production, but set the industry standard for cleaning up, repairing, and editing dialogue.
Who Is It For?
Audio Post for Film, TV, Video, and New Media
- Save time and reduce the need for ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement) by cleaning up clipped, damaged and noisy dialogue in real time with RX 5 Audio Editor's simple-to-use tools.
- Isolate and reduce troublesome background noise in real time with the Dialogue De-noise.
Audio Engineering and Recording
- Eliminate the amp hum, equipment hiss, and environmental noise that can ruin your recordings.
- Fix problems like clipping, audio dropouts, and other sudden unwanted sounds.
- Remove unwanted reverb and improve the quality of on-location recordings with the De-reverb tool.
- Remove noises from live recording with spectral editing.
- Attenuate certain sounds within a mix when you can't return to source audio.
- Polish your music to professional-sounding quality, whether recorded in a home studio or live environment.
- Visualize your audio for intuitive editing with minimal learning curve.
- Reduce the background and location noise on production audio.
- Clean up voiceover and narration mouth noises.
- Reduce the need for ADR by repairing distorted audio affected by sudden screams and other undesirable sounds.
Audio for Broadcast
- Reduce sudden wind noises, location noise, and electrical buzz/hum on location interviews.
Restoration and Archiving
- Restore old mediums such as vinyl, tape and film with precise control over each step of the process.
- Streamline your workflow by recording directly into RX 5 Audio Editor and making necessary repairs, then create a high quality export using 64-bit SRC™ resampling and MBIT+™ dithering.
- Improve the clarity and intelligibility of vocals by removing background noise.
- Visually perform edit analyses by using the Spectrogram display.
Podcasting and Audiobooks
- Reduce unwanted noise from location recordings and phone interviews.
- Remove distortion and signal clip from recordings using RX 5 Audio Editor's enhanced declipping processes.
RX 5 Audio Editor Features
RX comes in two distinct versions. RX 5 Audio Editor and RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor, the flagship product in the RX Post Production Suite. RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor is designed for professional post production audio engineers who demand best in class audio processing tools and deep controls. RX 5 Audio Editor delivers the essential tools any audio editor needs to repair and enhance audio for their productions.
Instant Process Tool
Directly and intuitively paint away audio problems on the spectrogram within the timeline. Intuitively cleanup and repair audio in a quick and immediate way that will save many mouse clicks. Instant Process is a mode that may be toggled on/off. When Instant Process is on, any selection you make is immediately processed. Simply paint an audio problem away without needing to open a module, choose settings, and then click Process. Instant Process offers several different modes (Attenuate, De-click, Fade, and Gain, and Replace) which will instantly process the settings present in the named module/tab.
Process multiple modules (preset) at once, reducing the amount of mouse clicks. Get quick results and save time on a project that contain problematic audio needing multiple processes to get cleaned up.
Reduce some of the reverb from a recorded space in order to make the dialogue useable. Salvage recordings of dialogue containing too much reverb/acoustic space without needing to spend time/money on a reshoot or ADR. Take control over the amount of ambient space captured in a recording: make large cathedrals sound like small halls and make roomy vocals sound like they were recorded in a proper studio space. With easy-to-use controls and powerful technology under the hood, it's an essential tool for anyone seeking a tighter mix.
Integrate a quick workflow between your DAW/NLE and RX Audio Editor to utilize all the repair/enhancement modules needed to cleanup production audio. For Pro Tools RX Connect now supports clip-by-clip and handles which preserves the boundaries of clips, so you can conform to future picture changes with ease. RX Monitor enables you to monitor your audio from the RX Audio Editor application through your host application (i.e. Pro Tools, which does not allow other applications to use their hardware simultaneously).
Restore problematic vocal or production audio recordings in real time. The zero-latency Dialogue De-noise real-time plug-in is the most powerful denoiser focused on dialogue treatment. When unwanted background and ambient noise threaten the quality of dialogue recordings, Dialogue De-noise replaces the need for costly and time-consuming automated dialogue replacement (ADR)—ensuring professional sounding results, every time. And with an intuitive "set it and forget it" workflow that automatically adjusts to changing noise profiles, those working in high-end post production houses as well as home studios will find it incredibly easy to use.
With an algorithm specifically tuned to keep dialogue as pristine as possible, Dialogue De-noise can treat most problems right out of the box—potentially saving you hours of time.
Visually isolate and paint away to remove any unwanted sounds.
Spectral Repair is the key to discovering what your waveform won't show you. Use familiar drawing tools to identify and select problem frequencies and unwanted sounds. Salvage unusable material by filling in audio gaps instantly. With a unique visualization and a variety of selection tools at your fingertips, Spectral Repair lets you get closer to your audio—and take a hands-on approach to repairing and enhancing it.
Once a problem sound has been identified, the Spectral Repair algorithms available either in the module or Instant Process Tool, are able to resynthesize the audio while taking into consideration tonal harmonics, nonlinear pitch changes like vibrato, background noise characteristics and transient events. With the power of these tools, you can remove or attenuate unwanted, interfering sounds—from barking dogs and breath noises to string squeaks, fret noise, and missed/wrong notes.
Reduce unwanted background noise quickly and easily.
De-noise provides natural noise reduction with unparalleled clarity and control. Built with the most troublesome audio imperfections in mind, De-noise removes unwanted tonal and broadband noise from any type of recording—such as music, old recordings, home movies, production recordings, and more. With transparent noise suppression technology that minimizes artifacts, the De-noise module is carefully designed to preserve the character of your audio.
Eliminate clicks, crackles, pops and digital impulse noises.
De-click automatically identifies and removes clicks, pops and digital impulse noises that can ruin a listening experience. Turn to De-click when polishing audio transfers and other recordings suffering from quality degradation, digital errors, mouth noises, and interference from cell phones. For the toughest click and crackle problems, Interpolate Mode allows you to make manual sample-level corrections to audio.
De-crackle is designed to treat continuous background crackle from sources such as vinyl, but can also treat problems like dry-mouthed spoken word and reed noise from woodwind instruments.
Remove electrical hum and line noise.
De-hum automatically identifies the base frequency of unwanted hum, and precisely removes it from the recording along with harmonics—ensuring a clean overall sound without electrical interference. For more complex hum and buzz removal, the module also automatically recommends when to use De-noise instead, so you'll always have the best tool at hand for the job. The "Adaptive" mode removes hum that changes in frequency over time.
Surgically reduce and remove problematic frequencies.
The Corrective EQ module can often be a simple first step to preparing a file for cleanup and repair. Now with a new easy-to-use UI, 6 fully parametric bands and new filters to be used for cutting harsh high frequencies, rolling off low rumbles, reducing standing waves from a boomy location recording or increasing the intelligibility of dialogue.
- Signal Generator | Generate any type of tone or noise for calibrating or setting a reference level, adding any required tones for the start/end points of a mix for picture, or inserting tones and bleeps to censor explicit dialogue.
- Resample | Ensure the highest quality when adjusting sample rates with SRC™, iZotope's sample rate conversion algorithm.
- Dither | Reduce bit resolution for final delivery of your project without sacrificing quality with MBIT+™, iZotope's renowned dither algorithm.
- De-clip | Rebuild distorted audio caused by analog and digital overload, and get through projects even faster with the automatic Suggest feature.
- Channel Ops | A module that offers precise delay and phase operations.
- Spectrum Analyzer | A detailed spectral display that detects peaks automatically.
- Third-party Plug-in Support | Host Audio Unit or VST plug-ins in RX 5’s Plug-In module.
- Batch Processing | Chain modules, process multiple files at once, and use multiple CPUs to speed up your workflow.
RX 5 Audio Editor System Requirements
Both RX 5 Audio Editor and RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor can be used as a standalone audio editor, as a standalone audio editor connected to your host via RX Connect, or as a suite of plug-ins.
- Mac: OS X 10.8 - 10.11 (Note: Insight, included in RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor, is supported through OS X 10.10)
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Audiosuite DPM & AAX
- AU 32 & 64 bit
- VST 2 32 & 64 bit
- RTAS 32 bit
- AAX 64 bit
In addition to being available in RX 5 Audio Editor's standalone mode, the modules are also compatible as plug-ins for popular hosts like
- Pro Tools (10 - 12.2)
- Nuendo 6.5
- Media Composer 7.0.4
- Premiere Pro CC 2015
- Final Cut X
- DaVinci Resolve 12
- Media Composer 8.4.1
- Fairlight 5
- Audition CC 2015
- Logic Pro X
- Cubase 8.0
- Sony Sound Forge 11+
- top rated