- top rated
Small Piano, Big Sound
A six-octave instrument, perfectly suited for edgy, modern music production where the piano needs to cut through.
The Small Upright sound library features a six-octave model 1001 piano by August Hoffman, a renowned Swedish brand with lineage tracing back to the late 1800s. This specific instrument is often referred to as the ”Bambino” and was built in the 1970s. Due to its small size, it produces a distinct, focused tone perfectly suited to cut through in any mix. Still to this day, and despite the fact that it’s since long out of production, the inimitable timbre of the August Hoffman ”Bambino” can be heard in songs by many top indie pop, rock and alternative bands. Start writing!
EZkeys Small Upright contains the same software, functionality and extensive MIDI library as the other EZkeys titles.
EZKeys Feature Spotlight
- Each EZkeys contains the same software including all functionality as well as the extensive standard MIDI library.
- Each EZkeys comes loaded with an individual sound library.
- Customers that already own one EZkeys can go straight for any other and get a discounted price. All your EZkeys sound libraries will be accessible through the same instance of EZkeys.
Songwriting Made Easy
Smart Songwriting Features
EZkeys includes a host of revolutionary and creative songwriting features, ensuring that YOU write the songs, not the program. Transpose full MIDI tracks on the fly, add playing styles from other MIDI or use the groundbreaking EZkeys Chord Wheel to customize chord voicing and harmonic color – and much, much more.
Build Custom Piano Pieces
EZkeys comes with an extensive MIDI library performed by a professional session pianist. Played with increasing complexity in full song sections and covering all major genres, this library is not only a creative boost, it’s an untapped source of inspiration for your yet unwritten songs. Drag, drop and lay down the foundation to a track in no time – right inside EZkeys.
Effect Chain Presets - Overview
The included signal chain presets are based on high quality effects from Overloud. You can control each preset by using a set of controls that will affect the individual parameters.
- Basic: The default sound. The basic piano sound slightly tweaked with controls for EQ, reverb, key and pedal noise.
- Raw Tweaks: A true bypass preset that represents what the piano sounded like from the raw recording. Also, in this preset, you can adjust the level of hammer, sustain pedal and releases as well as detune the piano.
- Basic Acoustic: Another natural sounding setting with adjustable EQ, room reverb and hammer noise.
- Kingston Spring: Slight amounts of tape compression and saturation give character to this preset. Combined with the vintage spring reverb, you can give your sound a true Jamaican flavor.
- The Flower: Polished ’70s ballad piano. Tweak to your liking with EQ, compression and reverb.
- Social Club: A lot less polished, more throaty sound. Lots of room ambience available. Adjustable EQ, ambience, tape drive and hammer noise take you to another musical dimension.
- POP: A brighter setting with EQ, reverb and chorus controls at your disposal.
- Dried Out: This one can go from bone dry to ambient with the onboard dryer control and the reverb, EQ and chorus. Set the dryer control to max and add some chorus for a taste of the ’80s.
- Chorus and Delay: This preset features an adjustable tempo synchronized delay along with a classic chorus. The EQ lets you go from mellow to bright.
- Delay and Compression: Another synchronized delay. This time along with EQ and compression controls.
- Taste of ’90s: A bright, heavily processed, mid-scooped piano with compressed attack. Control the chorus EQ and delay. Made to cut through in the busiest of mixes.
- Modulation: An FX preset featuring a fluttery modulation effect, a tone knob and a reverse reverb.
- Digitalized: A sharp, punchy sound in the spirit of early synthetic pianos. Adjustable EQ, compression, chorus and sharpness.
- Modulated Filter: Another FX preset. This time we have a modulation filter, reverb and delay onboard. Play around with the modulation and discover anything from classic lo-fi tones to harpsichord with auto-wah sounds.
Sound Library Overview
- A carefully sampled six-octave model 1001 piano by August Hoffman
- Recorded at OAL Studio, Sweden, using only the best of the best in modern and vintage equipment
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability
- Includes Sympathetic Resonance based on real samples
The user interface of EZkeys provides an unprecedented workflow for quick and easy songwriting. Go from sketching out your initial melodic idea to writing complete and customized piano pieces without leaving the program. In EZkeys YOU are in total creative control.
EZKeys - Feature Overview
- 32- and 64-bit AAX, VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as a low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the – or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- Humanize” any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily distorted and tweaked
EZKeys - MIDI Overview
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (Pop/Rock, Soul/RnB, Country, Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Boogie, Funk)
- All songs performed in full 8 bar or longer blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders
- 1 GB of free hard disk space.
- Windows 7 or newer, Pentium 4 or Athlon processor with 2 GB RAM.
- Mac OS 10.6 or higher, Intel-based Mac with 2 GB RAM.
- Audio Unit, VST, AAX or RTAS host application and professional sound card recommended. Stand-alone version included.
Click HERE to view EZkeys Sound Expansion packs.