- top rated
Acoustica is a comprehensive audio editor for recording, editing, mixing and mastering. The intuitive user interface was designed with speed, accuracy and ease-of-use in mind and offers a large set of high quality processing tools to make your recordings sound the best. The consistent workflow simplifies your audio production work and batch processing, powerful audio restoration tools as well as Red Book compatible CD burning is also included.
Acoustica 6 is available in three editions – the free Basic Edition, the Standard Edition and the Premium Edition which supports 5.1 and 7.1 channel surround and includes extended processing tools and the same audio restoration algorithms as found in the Restoration Suite.
Ultimate Audio Quality
Acoustica offers support for state-of-the-art audio resolutions up to 32 bit and sampling rates up to 384 kHz, ensuring that all of your work comes across at the highest quality. Acoustica Premium Edition even supports multichannel audio recording and editing such as 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound.
Integrated audio restoration tools help you get the most out of recordings impaired by background noise, clicks, crackle, clipping or missing high frequency content. The Premium Edition contains the same set of professional tools as our Restoration Suite.
New in Acoustica 6 is the ability to edit multitrack audio. Both the Standard and the Premium Edition allows you to mix audio from different tracks in real-time, add audio effects to tracks or easily create cross-fades. You can even loop or time stretch clips directly from the multitrack timeline.
High quality audio tools and effects are integrated such as dynamic processing, limiter, equalising, reverb, convolution reverb, chorus and flanger. You can also modify tempo and key of your recordings independently using the superb quality time stretching and transpose tools.
Effect Chains and Plug-In Support
You can create complete chains of processing tools, including external plug-ins, and save them along with all the parameter settings for later use. VST and DirectX plug-in support allows you to access a vast number of both free and commercial third party audio processing plug-ins directly from Acoustica.
Powerful offline analysis tools are available, including spectrum, spectrogram and wavelet analysis. Real-time analysers such as K-System level meters, phase correlation meters and spectrum analysers allow you to monitor your audio output visually in real time during playback.
- Create as many audio tracks as you want
- Apply effect chains to tracks or master track
- Clips can easily be looped and stretched
- Add transitions between clips by simply overlapping them in the time line. Several transition curves are available
- Double click a clip to open and modify the content in an audio editor window
- Mix-down to 5.1 and 7.1 surround formats (Premium Edition only)
- New Phase Linear Equalizer (Premium Edition only)
- Phase linear six band parametric equalizer
- Six different filter types
- No frequency warping when close to the Nyquist frequency
- Variable bandwidths and filter slopes (from -3 to -120 dB / oct.)
Upgraded Processing Tools
Acoustica Standard Edition 6 includes several of the high quality processing tools that were earlier only available in the Premium Edition:
- Superb quality time stretching
- Transpose tool (pitch shift) based on the new time stretching engine
- New reverb with improved control over the room and filter parameters
- The parametric equalizer now offers six different filter types – low shelf, peak, high shelf, high pass, notch and low pass
- Improved VST preset handling which is more consistent with how presets are managed for the internal processing tools
- Automatic recovery of recordings if suffering from unexpected computer shut-downs
- WAVE64 – support for files bigger than 4 GB now also in the Basic and Standard Edition
Before you install Acoustica, please make sure your computer fulfills the following requirements:
- A Pentium IV or higher
- Minimum 256 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- A Windows MME or ASIO compatible sound card
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP