- top rated
PX Apollo is based on a rare synthesizer prototype from the early ‘70s of which only 2 are known to exist. Part of a larger project that was eventually abandoned, this instrument was the precursor to one of the world’s first and most prolific polyphonic analog synthesizers. With a sound that can be described as rich, warm and surreal, this instrument was extraordinarily playable for the time, sporting velocity sensitivity and a performance interface, while its polyphonic 71-voice architecture signaled the coming paradigm shift in synthesizer design that would soar during the following decade.
The PX Apollo project represents an enormous effort and commitment to quality on many levels. Due to the components available at the time of their design, early polyphonic synthesizers were and remain particularly susceptible to failure and require continued maintenance. The unit used for PX Apollo was no exception, initially inoperable it required a tremendous restoration effort and no expense was spared to ensure complete authenticity and original functionality.
With the restoration complete we set about to document this historic instrument as accurately as possible. We created a huge master sample catalogue with the best hardware available. Each key was sampled in a multitude of configurations and for each 4 round-robins were created per note. The resulting PX Apollo sound bank consists of over 4,000 samples. From this library over 150 patches were made by our sound design team, delivering a fantastic collection of ready-to-play patches.
The UI for PX Apollo was inspired by the aesthetics of the original hardware, while the layout and control schema were designed to provide intuitive and efficient use while maximizing flexibility, allowing for both quick edits to preset sounds and deep customization by way of a full compliment of synthesis tools and effects including 3 oscillators, envelope generators, high-quality filters, pitch and stereo controls and per-oscillator modulation and arpeggiation.
PX Apollo provides a glimpse into a key moment of synthesizer history at one of the industries most important turning points, delivering a rich and detailed sound with a warm and pronounced character.
PX Apollo marks the first release of our PX Prototype Series, exploring the oft veiled world of unique, fringe and unreleased electronic and acoustic instruments.
PX Apollo is compatible with current versions of UVI Workstation, a featured freeware sample instrument, and Falcon, a premier hybrid instrument combining 15 oscillators, 80 effects, modulators, scriptable event processors and more.
- Size : 1.13 GB (FLAC lossless encoding, was 3.39 GB in WAV)
- Collection : PX Prototype Series
- Content : 1 instrument, 4,002 Samples, 153 Presets
- Sample Resolution : 44.1 kHz. Recording at 96 kHz
- Miscellaneous : UVI Workstation v2.6.2 and higher required
- UVI Workstation: Audio Units, AAX, VST, Stand-alone
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X 10.7 and higher (32 and 64-bit) - (OS X 10.11 El Capitan supported)
- Windows 7 and higher (32 and 64-bit) - (Windows 10 supported)
- Hard Drive: 7 200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 4GB RAM (8GB+ highly recommended)
- FREE iLok account - not necessarily an iLok dongle, just a free account
- Internet connection for the license activation
Tested and Certified in :
- Digital Performer 8+, Pro Tools 11+, Logic 9+, Cubase 7+, Nuendo 6+, Ableton Live 8+, Studio One 2, Garage Band 6, Maschine 1 & 2, Tracktion 4+, Vienna Ensemble 5, Reaper 4, Sonar X3, Main Stage 3, MuLab 5.5+
The first in their PX series of multisampled synthesiser curios, UVI's new soundbank for Falcon and the free UVI Workstation samples the...
You may also like
- top rated