- top rated
Perpetual Motion Machine
Add movement and emotion to your music with Mobius Filter’s infinitely ascending or descending filter sweeps. Find the sweet spot for your track quickly and fluidly, to push to extreme heights or add subtle hints of motion. Create fresh filter effects for any genre - massive filter swells, psychedelic alternatives to flange effects, or fresh inspiration for adventurous soundscapes.
Based on the auditory illusion of the Shepard tone, Mobius Filter creates perpetually rising or falling effects while maintaining full-frequency bandwidth. Add it to any source audio to instantly create fresh energy for your tracks.
- Drag it Around: Draw your own expressive sweeps with the X/Y pad, making fluid adjustments to both Center Frequency and Resonance using a single control.
- Get in Sync: Get a rapid, pulsing effect or slower motion by adjusting the Host Tempo Sync to anything from eighth notes to eight bars.
- Immerse Yourself: Create an immersive environment with the Stereo slider, which widens the stereo field in an amount of your choosing.
- Put it on Hold: Create a static filter effect by pausing the filter motion with the Pause function. Or, pause when it feels right and then automate to create custom sweeps.
Infinite Filter Potential
Mobius Filter creates the sensation of constant movement in your audio by applying the concept of the Shepard Tone to filters instead of pitches. Depending on your preferences, your audio can rise or fall at varying speeds for complex—but easy to achieve—spatial movement. Combined with automation in your audio editing software, the possibilities with Mobius Filter are endless.
Move Over Flangers and Phasers!
Mobius Filter can take over for phasers on your guitar tracks to produce unique and fresh filtered tones. When a solo isn’t quite cutting it, try Mobius Filter for that extra nudge of character. On distorted instruments, introduce needed motion and activity to an otherwise steady track. Fire it up on a psychedelic rock session for a modern spin on retro vibe-y flanger tones.
And Now for Something Completely Different
Set Mobius Filter aggressively and then dial back with the Mix control to get a sense of complex motion while still preserving your mix. Liven up a dull vocal track without detracting from the intelligibility. For a bridge that isn’t getting anywhere, add Mobius Filter to the vocals, one of the instrument tracks, or even on the whole mix. Create an emotional swelling or descending effect on sections of the mix with perpetually rising or falling filters to bring it all back from a drop or enhance a transition.
Mobius Filter runs as a plug-in within your audio editing software. Mobius Filter is not a standalone application.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Mac: OS X 10.8–10.11
- AAX (64-bit), AAX AudioSuite (64-bit), RTAS (32 bit), DPM AudioSuite (32 bit), VST2, VST3, and Audio Unit.
Plug-In Host Compatibility
- Pro Tools (10–12.4), Ableton Live (9–9.5), Logic Pro X, Cubase, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper, Sonar
- top rated