MPhatik is a unique dynamic multi-effect featuring an amp, convolution and a compressor, which lets you warm up your audio and then restore the original dynamics. And that's just the beginning without being creative yet...
Don't loose the dynamics!
Amping/distortion/saturation are the classic methods for getting some warmth to just about any audio, but the problem is, these processes remove dynamics by nature. MPhatik analyses the input level envelope, processes your audio signal, analyses the level envelope of the output and applies a gain to make the output envelope the same as the input. In other words it restores the dynamics. Now you can finally phatten up any audio material without loosing dynamics, which is an inevitable result of using any classic methods, whether it is a digital distortion, analog saturation, tape...
All tools you need to phatten up anything...
MPhatik comes equipped with a powerful amp simulator, convolution reverb (featuring all kinds of impulse responses from plate reverbs to halls, rooms etc., plus your own files of course) and a compressor. If that's not enough, you can still use the side-chain input to drive MPhatik and process the audio with your own tools.
Apply dynamics of one track onto another one?
So how about applying a level envelope of drums on a pad to get a rhythmical pad? Or avoiding collisions between drums? Make no mistake, this isn't something you can do with classic tools such as gates or compressors, because these tools use only a single level detector. In other words, they don't care about what audio you are processing. MPhatik does!
Like always you'll find the standard MeldaProduction features: M/S, surround support as well as other channel modes, A-H presets for easy comparisons, our easy to use integrated help system, automatic gain compensation and much more.
The most advanced user interface on the market - stylable, resizable, GPU accelerated
- Modern user interfaces must not only be easy and quick to use, but also versatile and the whole visual appearance should inspire you. MPhatik features the most advanced GUI engine on the market. It is still the first and only GUI engine, which is freely resizable and stylable. It also lets you choose between knobs, sliders or buttons, whichever you like the most.
- The plugin can look as an ancient vintage gear, if you are working on old-school rock music. Or as super-modern futuristic device if you are working on modern electronic music.
- If your display doesn't have a high resolution, you can make the plugin smaller. If the fonts are too small, you can make the plugin bigger and save your eyes.
- All the graphics is accelerated using your GPU, graphical interface, providing ultimately quick response and keep your CPU focused on the audio.
Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs
- Your ears should always be the main judge, but a smart metering system can often be a huge help. MPhatik provides the most advanced metering system out there. The plugin can display the measurements of all relevant values using classic meters, or it can even show them in time using the time graphs. Everything is customisable as usual.
4 exceptionally versatile modulators
- MPhatik provides 4 fully-featured modulators which can control any set of parameters including other modulators. Each modulator works as an LFO, level follower, midi/audio triggered ADSR enveloper, randomizer or pitch detector, or even a combination and can listen to the plugin\'s side-chain.
- You can make the sound move in time, be less static and more interesting. You can make various parameters depend on the input (or the sidechain) level or even listen to the input pitch.
Adjustable oscillator shape technology
- Every oscillator in MPhatik uses the most versatile oscillator algorithm on the market. It provides mix of predefined oscillator shapes, custom waveforms edited using our MeldaProduction Envelope System (MES), a step-sequencer and several methods for algorithmic postprocessing.
- It also provides a harmonic mode, which lets you control the harmonic content instead of oscillator shape. This is especially useful for high frequency oscillators.
- MPhatik lets you control multiple parameters using a single so-called multiparameter. This may not only come handy for automation for example, but the multiparameters are very smart units and you can use them to smartly morph between banks of settings for example. All in the name of creativity!
M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing...
- MPhatik can handle not only mono and stereo signals, but also mid/side encoding for stereo field processing, separate left & right channels, separate mid or side signal and up to 8 channels of surround audio. It is perfect for audio production for music, movies, games...
- Being creative is sometimes complicated and one often needs an inspiration. By clicking a single button you can walk through the billions of possible settings and find the best one for you. The smart randomization algorithm wisely selects good sounding combinations of parameters. It can even randomize modulators for you. And if that\'s too much, you can just hold ctrl and MPhatik will just slightly modify existing settings.
Automatic gain compensation (AGC)
- Most plugins change loudness of the output audio, which makes browsing presets inconvenient, not mentioning randomization. MPhatik includes automatic gain compensation, which quickly adapts to current settings and ensures the output sounds as loud as the input. This even protects you from thinking that something sounds better in cases it is just louder.
- Some plugins can intensely increase gain when exposed to specific audio materials. MPhatik provides a safety brickwall limiter, which ensures the output stays below 0dB and prevents your equipment and your ears from potential danger automatically.
Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x
- Digital audio provides very superior audio quality compared to ancient analog gear, but there are problems too. The main problem is the aliasing, which may be noticeable, when using nonlinear processes such as compression or saturation. MPhatik includes both minimum-phase and high-quality linear-phase upsampling algorithms, which avoids the aliasing.
Synchronization to host tempo
- Every oscillator and modulator in the plugin can automatically synchronize to the host. But it can be out-of-sync if you want of course.
MIDI controllers with MIDI learn
- MPhatik contains a powerful MIDI processor, which listen to MIDI controllers and MIDI keyboard and control any parameters realtime.
64-bit processing and an unlimited sampling rate
- MPhatik provides the maximum audio quality you can get. It uses 64-bit audio processing and can handle any sampling rate. It does not make much sense to go over 192kHz, but if you think it is a good idea, the plugin can do that.
Extremely fast, optimized for newest AVX capable processors
- Computers are now extremely fast, but the algorithms are more complex and projects bigger, so we still need to use the processing power with care. MPhatik uses the fastest algorithms, takes advantage of the newest processor capabilities, lets your GPU hangle the graphics, and shares the resources with other MeldaProduction plugins. The plugin is among the fastest on the market, yet it provides the best possible audio quality.
Global preset management and online preset exchange
- MPhatik presets are carefully stored in a system database and you can quickly access then from any project in any host. The plugin can automatically share your presets and download presets of other users from our servers. We are building a community and you can be a part of it!
Supports VST, VST3, AU and AAX interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit
- MPhatik supports all major hosts on both platforms. Check system requirements for information about compatibility and installation.
No dongle nor internet access is required for activation
- How many times did you forget your USB dongle? We are an honest company and expect the same from our customers. Our software uses licence files to activate your software. And the licences are to-person, so you can use it on all your computers as long as you are the user.
- When you buy the software you are entitled to free updates, forever. No more money wasted on major upgrades like it is with other companies. And we upgrade our software a lot!
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- VST / VST3 / AAX compatible host (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support
Always use 32-bit plugins in 32-bit hosts, or 64-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts!
64-bit plugins can't work in 32-bit hosts even if the operating system is 64-bit. Do NOT use 32-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts. They would have to be bridged and can become unstable. Please check your product PDF documentation (available directly from it's page) for more information and installation instructions.
MAC OS X
- Mac OS X (10.6 and newer, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- VST / VST3 / AU / AAX compatible host (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support
Please check your product PDF documentation (available directly from it's page) for more information and installation instructions.
AU note: in some hosts, the GUI is not shown for the first time, please just restart the host then.
Linux is not directly supported, but it is apparently possible to run the plugins via Wine. Before installing you have to make sure that your ".wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts/" directory is populated with Microsoft True Type Fonts (which is generally available as a package on Linux distributions).
Our software is compatible with almost every host on the market. Check the list of the major ones below. If your host isn't on the list, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out.