"From the get go, Nugen Halo provides fast easy and clear up mixing on all my fx, bg and mx stems that need that surround push. The interface is elegant and the presets make even the most novice user feel at ease"Willaim Storkson. AudioSFX
"I used NUGEN's up mixer in the latest Harrods cinema commercial mix. NUGEN's unique amount of control with its focus, divergence & front/back fade gave me the ability to dig in and control the problems to get the best result. Happy ears indeed! I also used the NUGEN upmixer to create a better surround fx mix. Simple but powerful. A new go to plugin! "Mike Aiton. Mikerophonics
From naturally extracted and expanded soundscapes to full cinematic big-stage enhancement, Halo upmix delivers with intuitive ease, all the control you need to fine-tune your surround mix to perfection. With unique centre channel management, including switchable dialog extraction, Halo is perfect for all types of production from archive restoration and TV through to the full 7.1 Feature Film experience.
Powerful real-time analysis of the original stereo material identifies and extracts locational cues, to naturally extend the panorama - without the introduction of any artificial reverberation, chorusing or delay into the downmix - leaving the inherent character of the original source intact.
Because Halo generates a coherent spatial sound, you can be assured of a high-quality downmix. The 'exact' mode function ensures ultimate downmix performance where, as in TV re-purposing for instance, maintaining the relationship between the original, upmixed and downmixed versions is imperative.
For those situations that require an immersive cinematic dynamic, full control is available of all the relative surround balances, allowing any surround upmix to be crafted for a perfect blend into the complete 7.1 panorama.
Detailed Centre Channel Control
Centre channel extraction and control is provided for in a separate 'advanced' panel for use when dealing with intricate mixes, where no access to the original stems is available, offering unparalleled control - including neural network based dialogue extraction.
Powerful Spatial Analysis
Halo also includes a powerful spatial analysis view, intuitively showing the energy distribution of the upmixed panorama. Colour can additionally be used to indicate the speaker source for audio in any position, clearly indicating cases including phantom vs hard centre predominance etc.
Stereo to 5.1 & 7.1 upmix
- Including: LCR, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0 & 7.1
Stereo to 9.1 Extension
- 7.1.2 (L, C, R, Ls, Rs, Lsr, Rsr, Ltm, Rtm, LFE)
Highly Downmix Compatible
- Coherent spatial upmix
- 'Exact' downmix mode
- In-place downmix audition
Natural Panoramic Extension
- Preserves character of original audio
- No artificial reverb, chorus or delays introduced to downmix
- Full access to all surround balances
Detailed Centre Channel Control
- Neural network dialog extraction
- Low frequency energy dispersal
- Clear phantom vs hard centre control
Powerful Spatial Analysis & Intuitive control
- Clear visual feedback representing surround panorama
- Workflow enhancing direct control over upmix parameters
- Full LFE control option
9.1 Optional Extension (7.1.2 Dolby Atmos® bed track-compatible upmix)
The 9.1 extension introduces additional vertical controls via an expanded user interface including control over Ltm and Rtm placement. An additional real-time analysis view is also included for the vertical dimension, showing energy distribution of the output audio.
The enhanced umpix algorithm allows for simultaneous use of all the original features including dialog isolation and individual channel output control.
The Halo 9.1 option is suitable for numerous applications including sound design, film score, restoration & archive, music and atmospheric soundscape production.
The Halo Upmix 9.1 Extension currently supports Avid Protools (AAX) & Steinberg Nuendo (VST3) for Windows and OSX.
- Stem and group upmixing
- 7.1 cinematic sound stage enhancement
- TV stereo to surround upmixing with hard centre
- Re-purposing of original stereo for cinematic release
- TV archive enhancement for 5.1 broadcast
- Natural extension of original stereo panoramas and atmospheres
- Upmix to Dolby Atmos compatible 7.1.2 bed tack (9.1 extension required)
- We support AAX, VST, VST3, AU and AudioSuite in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions. RTAS is also available as 32-bit only.
- Note: The AAX surround support requires Protools HD
Minimum System Specifications
- Mac OSX 10.7.x, 512 MB RAM
- Windows XP or above, 512 MB RAM
- Surround capable DAW/NLE.
- Halo 9.1 upmix extension currently supports Avid Protools (AAX) & Steinberg Nuendo (VST3) for Windows and OSX.