- top rated
Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro (DPMP) is a unique audio analysis tool: it includes very flexible and customizable audio meters as well as advanced side chaining control capabilities thanks to its MIDI and automation output. The metering capabilities of the DPMP plug-in let you control and monitor your audio signal exactly the way you want: almost every aspect of the meters can be customized. It now proposes five different scales, including Bob Katz's very popular K-System scales (K-12, K-14, K-16 and also the extra K-10). The graphs show the evolution of the audio envelopes over time, and the mid-side switch lets you verify mono compatibility problems and check the "stereoness" of your audio sources very easily.
The peak and RMS envelopes can be combined together, reversed, modified and recorded as automation curves (see the screenshots) or sent as MIDI CC messages to control other effects in real time. Possibilities are endless, from voice over and ducking to side chain compression, multiple tracks monitoring or dynamic stereo enhancement. It is also possible to control external MIDI hardware (such a synths, MIDI effects), video effects or lighting systems with an audio signal. Thanks to the ability to customize the MIDI output response curve for each parameter, the output can be made compatible with any MIDI device.
- Digital peak & RMS vu-meter.
- Total control over the metering characteristics.
- Bob Katz's K-System scales support (K-12 / K-14 / K-20 and K-10)
- Instant, average and maximum audio levels.
- Stereo or mid-side analysis.
- Control in real time any MIDI-compatible plug-in or external MIDI device with the RMS or peak envelope of the signal thanks to the plugin's MIDI CC output.
- Record the output parameters (peak, RMS value, transformed envelopes, clip etc.) as automation curves.
- Manage the shape of the output envelope: record reversed envelope, change amount of signal, and offset the generated envelope. This lets you use the plug-in for side chain ducking, compression and much more.
- Advanced signal monitoring with envelopes real time display.
- Easy 'stereoness' and phase cancelation measurement.
- Opacity control for the user interface.
- Multiple skins included.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets in a host independent format.
- Any sample rate supported.
- Win x64-DX
- Win x64-VST
I have downloaded and played around with VST plugins for years, and this, Peak Meter Pro, is probably the most exciting one I have tried for a...
I’m back with a small review of the Energy Pack from Blue Cat audio. The plugins included in this bundle are Digital Peak Meter Pro,...
- top rated