- top rated
Welcome to The Drinking Piano by Soundiron! This fat-bottomed monster upright has a classic beer hall sound, evoking images of the roaring 20s and pre-war 30s. It's got all of the brutal wear and tear that you'd expect from a hundred-year-old instrument that has been played hard and put away wet, night after night. With a fat, wide and close sound, it puts you right on the bench with the yellow, cracked ivories under your fingers. It was recorded right up against the strings in a small, slightly reflective hall, giving it all the presence of a dry studio recording with just a hint of live ambiance.
The years of alcohol-fueled abuse have been less than kind to this once stately instrument. With worn and rickety key action, unreliable dampers, loose pedal mechanics, wear hardened felts, the occasional misaligned hammer and decades of baked-in dust, every key has all the character and frailty of a hundred-year-old bartender. The strings were far too corroded to be tuned without risking breakage and further internal damage, so the whole thing is a little over a half-step flat. But beneath the beer stains and cigarette burns, this massive aging troubadour has a substantial pedigree. It's an original Ivors and Pond model from the dawn of the 20th century, made of solid mahogany, with expert hand-craftsmanship and detail rarely seen in any modern uprights.
Weighing in at 5.25 GB, The Drinking Piano features 25 Kontakt presets (22 K4 or K5 and 3 dedicated K3 presets), over 1700 samples and over 50 custom convolution impulses. As always there is a range of automatable LFO, EQ, filter and sound-shaping to expand on the creative possibilities that this library offers. Pour yourself a glass of your favorite spirit and enjoy!
The Drinking Piano library features a range of proprietary features, including the latest version of our Uberpeggiator arp system, optional tempo synching volume and filter LFOs, custom convolution effects, parametric EQ and standard performance shaping parameters. Note attack and sample offset allow you to simply tighten the sound or create pad-like effects. Release timing with extended decay range settings, independent release sample volume and separate pedal SFX volume knobs give you complete control over the release and decay of the notes.
Micro-tuning and stereo-imaging allow you to fine-tune how the piano sits in a mix with other instruments. The special Sober/Drunk switch gives you the ability to instantly tighten the sound wiping away years of wear and tear or hear the piano as it naturally sounds; a bit rougher around the edges. The Tuned/Untuned switch corrects the tuning of the entire piano, getting it about as close as it will ever be again to 440 and fixing the misaligned hammer action that can be heard souring a few notes here and there.
- 8 - 12 velocity layers per note and release
- Fully adjustable, realistic dynamic action, pedal and hardware sounds
- Tuned mode offers refined intonation and smooth response
- Untuned mode reveals the naturally raw and untamed instrument
- Muted Bass String finger plucks
- Piano Pedal press and release sfx w/ dynamic layering (damper, sostenuto, half-pedal)
- Bench Creaks and Lid open/close
- Ambiences and Atmospheres
- 5.25 GB Installed
- 1,778 Samples
- 25 .nki files (open format) – 22 K4 / 3 K5
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform.
- Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
- This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
- The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
Please note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.7 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
You may also like
- top rated