- top rated
Petroglyph is a stone hand percussion library recorded with a collection of authentic primitive stone artifacts from various North America tribes and cultures from the pre-Columbian era, with some pieces dating back many thousands of years. They include basic tools (mortars, pestles, grindstones, bowls, awls, hammers) and weapons (axe heads, spear tips and arrow heads) in all sorts of shapes, sizes and stone types. The objects are carved from obsidian, serpentine, slate, flint, granite, sandstone, volcanic basalt and animal bone.
The sounds produced can range from heavy grinding scrapes and thuds to thin, glassy taps, clicks, clacks and clinks. We’ve recorded 100 sound sets, each with 8 to 10 round-robin variations for each velocity layer. They’re useful as unique alternatives for traditional hand and drum percussion, electronic percussion, sound effects and game/software user interface sounds. And they have a satisfyingly basic, raw and elemental feel to them that makes them fun to play.
These assorted artifacts of ancient everyday life were discovered all over the continent. Yet they each share the same common forms, shapes, designs and purposes that can be found among tools and weapons in nearly all pre-historic human societies throughout the world. They give us insight into our shared origins as families and tribes of creators and tool makers, farmers, war-makers and hunters. They are not mere curiosities—they are symbols of our common legacy. They were crafted by those who came before us as tools that were meant to be put to use, so as tool-builders ourselves, we feel it is important to give them new life and new potential as creative tools for the modern era.
The custom scripted Kontakt user interface built into this library comes equipped with flexible control features, like attack, release, transient offset, dynamic swelling, filter type selection, resonant filter sweep and a robust Arpeggiator system that provides a full range of custom dynamic arpeggiation modes and step sequencer pattern creation options. There’s also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of otherworldly FX impulses to fully explore and endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations.
This 305 MB library includes 2292 samples and 7 nki presets with a custom user interface for the full version of Kontakt 5.5 and later (OSX 10.8 or later / Windows 7 or later required).
- A Deeply sampled collection of primitive stone weapons and tools, with 100 recorded articulations.
- Captured up close and in stereo in a dry studio environment
- Recorded with high-fidelity Neumann and Sound Devices hardware
- 7 NKI instrument presets.
- 12 Click articulations
- 17 Flam and bounce articulations
- 13 Hand and finger articulations
- 33 Scrape, drag and grind articulations
- 25 Striking articulations
- Selected tonal "Tuned Percussion" articulations for melodic playing
- Beautifully-rendered user interface.
- Multi-mode Arpeggiation with step-sequencer
- Multi-FX Rack panel perfect for sound design and creative manipulation
- Convolution Reverb with 70 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more
- Unlocked samples that can be used in any software environment that supports regular uncompressed wav files
- 305 MB Installed
- 2292 Samples
- 7 Kontakt 5.5 .nki preset banks
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed stereo PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.5 or later. Kontakt 5.5 requires OSX version 10.8 and later for Mac, or Windows & and later for PC. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform.
- Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
- This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
- The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
Please note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.8 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.