- top rated
Frendo is a custom-built Soundiron instrument. We created this monster by stringing bailing wire around and through through steel plates and bolts, over galvanize steel piping and across wood planks. It was meant to suffer. You can help it by mistreating it in horrible ways with screwdrivers, bows, drum sticks, mallets and fingers. The instrument holds a vast amount of otherworldly sounds, which is ideal for composers looking for new disturbing, horror-like textures for their scores. Frendo is partially a mallet instrument, recorded with wooden and rubber mallets, but is also a more traditional string instrument, since we recorded finger plucks and bows. It's the sound of Satan's cello, weeping softly for your burning soul.
Made of knotty pine, rusted steel bailing wire, eye bolts, hooks, deck screws, hurricane brackets and an old 24" bass drum, this 5-stringed son of a bitch was 8 feet long and 3 feet wide. The body had a 2"6 spine and two separate body segments to allow torquing and bending while the instrument was played. It was strung with black iron bailing wire, wound over galvanized steel angle brackets and plates and through heavy gauge eye bolts that we used as tuners, by way of a pipe wrench.
We played it with a violin bow, screwdrivers, rubber and wooden mallets, picks, hands and fingers and have provided an array of custom controls, presets, effects and tools to allow total sonic freedom and control over the sound. This library is a unique tuned percussion and string instrument in it's own right, but also makes excellent effect and sound design material for stingers, trailers, reveals, slates, post production and any number of other specialized production uses.
This library was originally released in 2008 by Tonehammer. For our version 2.0 update, we improved key-mapping and overall playability, added a full set of brand new automatable performance, DSP FX, convolution reverb and advanced arpeggiator controls and refined the overall playing experience. The new Convolution Reverb effect features 73 select custom impulse responses, featuring some of our favorite recording halls and some rather unusual custom FX impulses.
- Two stereo microphone positions (heads – internal mics), (tail – external big hall mics)
- Wooden mallets: "tuned", 3-4 velocity layers, 10x round-robin
- Rubber mallets: "tuned", 5 velocity layers, 10x round-robin
- Finger plucks: "tuned", 1-3 velocity layers, 6x round-robin
- Bowed FX: bow scrapes, staccato notes, 1-3 velocity layers, 6x – 9x round-robin
- Bowed high notes: stabs and sustains, 1-3 velocity layers, 4x round-robin
- Bowed low notes: stabs and sustains, tuned and un-tuned, 6x round-robin and looping "legato" patches
- Bowed tremolo: effects and sustains, with fast, medium and slow variations
- Screwdriver slides: long and short
- 3 large sound Effects patches, including creaks, cracks, groans, tuning twangs and sproings.
- All recorded with natural acoustics in our tile, glass and stone hall or from inside the Frendo resonance chamber itself
- 990 MB Installed
- 1,100 Samples
- 30 Kontakt 3.5 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences, drones and special FX presets, as well as our favorite custom convolution reverb impulses and an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform.
- Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
- This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
- The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
Please note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
You may also like
- top rated