- top rated
Questionably Barbershop is a simple 4-piece male vocal ensemble, crafted in the style of an old timey Barbershop Quartet. Featuring the humble vocal talents of our own Mike Peaslee, Gregg Stephens and Spencer Nunamaker, this library offers basic chromatic sustains and staccato articulations, improvised scat and bebop phrases and even a couple of classic Americana folk song construction kits that are broken down line-by-line with each vocal part directly accessible in several different root keys. From a deep booming bass to a soaring high tenor falsetto, Questionably Barbershop gives you easy 4-part harmony in a box.
Each one of our singers (Mike: Tenor Lead, Gregg: Baritone, Spencer: Bass and ‘Mikey’: Tenor Falsetto) performed 3 types of sustains and staccatos: Doo, Lah and Woh. Using our custom GUI controls, these 3 different sounds can also act as pure Oo, Ah and Oh vowel sounds, with adjustable durations and attack shaping. Our advanced scripting gives you automatic 4-part harmony voicing in the Ensemble Sustains and Staccatos presets, ensuring that you always hear the Lead first, the Bass in his appropriate range and the Tenor for those piercing high notes! And for a big male chorus sound, you can select the “Unison” mode for all four voices over the whole key range. We even give you Auto-pan feature to intelligently spread the singers over the stereo field for a nice wide sound.
The Scat ’N Bebop phrase section includes 356 improvised phrases, with real-time tempo-synching and time-stretching. Phrases are included in the root keys of C, E, and G# with easy transposition to other keys. You’ll also find our DSP Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, with dozens of our favorite rooms, halls, chambers, cathedrals and FX impulses.
- 4 Separate Male Voices: Lead, Bass, Baritone and Tenor (Falsetto)
- 2 Classic American Folk Songs in 4-Part Harmony
- 3 Staccato types with 8RR for each Voice
- 3 Sustain types for each Voice
- 356 Improvised Scat 'N Bebop Phrases for each Voice in multiple Keys
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form displays
- 955 MB
- 2588 Samples
- 24 instrument presets for Kontakt 5.1
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and samples that you can customize
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1.0 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform.
- Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above (located by clicking the right arrow by the main product graphics). They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
- This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. Click Here to learn about the differences between the full unlocked version of Kontakt and limited Kontakt Player.
- The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
Please note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or later. Mac OSX 10.7 or later. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.