- top rated
Vintage 1963 Premier Outfit 54 Kit - Multi Velocity Pack
"Nice one Drumdrops, a punchy classic British sounding kit with some great scripts, very usable and sounds wicked. It is worth getting it for the convolution reverbs alone."Andy Gray. Composer / Producer / Mixer (Gary Numan / Korn / U2).
What Is the Multi Velocity Pack?
The Multi-Velocity Pack adds the highest level of realism a sample pack has to offer, and is designed for those who do not have Kontakt 5 or do not need the Drumdrops Kontakt Interface. This pack contains all the different articulations of the kit with up to 16 different velocity levels providing 400 samples to choose from (of each mix pack). All the samples have been mixed from a combination of the individual drum microphones and where applicable the overhead and room mics.
This pack can be loaded into any DAW, sampler or drum machine. To make things easier we have included patches so that the samples will automatically load into the latest versions of Battery, Kontakt, EXS24, Maschine, Geist, Studio One Soundsets, Ableton Drum Rack, Reason Refills, Renoise, idrum and now the free sampler TX16Wx. We have also included over 500 MIDI loops covering a variety of genres that map to the default MIDI map. Finally there are multiple MIDI maps for Addictive Drums, BFD, iMap, Slate Digital SSD4, Superior Drummer, V-Drums, Yamaha DX900 and Drumit Five. Checkout a demo of the sample pack below.
You also have the choice between using two sets of samples, the original mix sample files, which are quite clean sounding, allowing you to process the sounds further yourself, or the alternative valve and tape mix samples which have been through an extra stage of mixing to give a bigger, dirtier, more aggressive sound. There are separate patches for each set of samples.
The original samples were mixed through a Neve VR console with a SSL X-Logic G-series compressor and a Massenburg GML 8200 Parametric EQ on the mix insert. The Valve and Tape samples were then further mixed through an SSL 4056G+ Console which had a Manley Variable-Mu Compressor on the mix insert, whilst they were also sent off in parallel to an EAR 660 tube compressor (based on the famous Fairchild 660). The samples were then also sent off to two Urei 1176 compressors, again in parallel, which had the compression turned off, which adds a little solid state distortion to the valve distortion that was already coming from the EAR 660. Then crucially the samples were printed to BASF 900 1/2" tape, running on an Ampex ATR-102 machine, running at 30ips.
What's Included in Your Download?
- Original Mix Samples and the Valve and Tape Mix Samples - two lots of 400 samples
- 399 samples in total (for each mix)
Kick Drum - Vintage 1963 Premier Kick Drum 20" x 16":
- Kick Felt – 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Kick Plastic - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
Snare Drum - Vintage Premier Royal Ace Snare 14" x 5.5":
- Snare Dampened Centre - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Snare Dampened Edge - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Snare Dampened Rim - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Snare Un-dampened Centre - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Snare Un-dampened Edge - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Snare Un-dampened Rim - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Snare Sidestick - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
Hi-Hat - Zildjian New Beat Hi Hat 14":
- Hat Centre Fully Closed - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Centre Closed - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Centre Open Quarter - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Centre Open Half - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Centre Open Three Quarters - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Centre Open - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Edge Fully Closed - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Edge Closed - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Edge Open Quarter - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Edge Open Half - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Edge Open Three Quarters - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Edge Open - 12 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Hat Foot Pedal Shut – 5 velocity / Stereo Mix
- Hat Foot Pedal Open – 4 velocity / Stereo Mix
Floor Tom - Vintage Premier 1963 Floor Tom 16" x 16":
- Floor Tom Centre - 16 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Rack Tom - Vintage Premier 1963 Rack Tom 12" x 8"
- Rack Tom Centre - 16 Velocities / Stereo mix
Ride - Zildjian K Custom Medium Ride 22":
- Ride Centre - 10 Velocities / Stereo mix
- Ride Bell - 10 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Ride Edge - 10 Velocities / Stereo Mix
Crash 1 - Zildjian K Dark Thin Crash 18":
- Crash K Centre - 10 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Crash K Edge - 10 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Crash 2 - Zildjian Vintage Cie Crash 16"
- Crash Cie Centre - 10 Velocities / Stereo Mix
- Crash Cie Edge - 10 Velocities / Stereo Mix
The included software patches have been created with the versions below. If you are running earlier versions the patches may not load up but you can create new patches using the samples provided.Sampler Patches:
- Kontakt v5.2.0
- Battery v3.2.3
- EXS24 vLogic 9 / vLogic X
- Ableton Drum Rack v9.0.5
- Reason v7.0.1 Combinator Refill containing NN-XT sampler & FX
- Renoise v3.0.0 (courtesy of Jon Halford)
- TX16Wx (free sampler) v2.4.0 (courtesy of Suleiman Ali)
Drum Machine Patches:
- Maschine v1.8.0
- Geist v220.127.116.11
- Studio One's Impact v2.5.1
- iDrum v1.73.625
- Reason v7.0.1 Redrum Refill
We have included MIDI templates for some of the most popular setups and software. This will allow you to quickly load up the samples using your favourite MIDI Map.
- Addictive Drums
- Drumit Five
- General MIDI
- Slate Digital SSD4
- Superior Drummer
- Yamaha DX900
We have included over 500 MIDI loops covering a variety of genres mapped to the default MIDI map.
- The files will arrive in one zipped file which will need un-zipping
- The file is large so please make sure your broadband can cope
- All audio files are 24 bit 44.1 WAV Files
- top rated