Beats to Move Your Feet To
A comprehensive collection of funk-infused drum grooves inspired by classic and modern dance music
When late 1960s funk songs started making their way into the night clubs of Manhattan in the early seventies, disco was more than a fact – it quickly became a global phenomenon and very much a lifestyle. Looking back, it seems like all over the world, an entire generation was dancing its way through the first half of that decade to a four-on-the-floor with an accented hi-hat.
While this collection takes on the timeless rhythms that laid the foundation to disco as we know it, it also draws inspiration from how the genre evolved over the decades and where modern dance music finally is today. Expect a wide palette of funk-infused beats that can easily be adapted to any vintage as well as modern sounding context. Because fact is, disco is just as alive and well today as it was forty years ago. Just listen to Justin Timberlake, Daft Punk and Madonna and you’ll hear it.
- Drum grooves and fills inspired by classic funk and disco from the ‘60s and the ’70s through to today
- More than 500 individually played files
- 4/4 in straight and/or swing feel
- Tempos ranging from 72 to 182 BPM
- Song structure categorization (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, etc)
You may also like
- top rated
- top rated