- top rated
What Is Volt?
Volt Precision Fader is a high quality software plugin for fine control of gain. Volt was designed to produce smoother fades and more precise gain staging than is possible with conventional DAW faders.
Volt's massively enhanced precision and ergonomic user interface are intended to help recording musicians and engineers achieve unprecedented analogue-like results within the DAW environment. Artifacts which are common to DAW faders such as "zipper-noise", audible stepping, and signal data truncation are minimized or eliminated. Volt is suitable for a wide range of audio production applications from tracking to mastering to live sound.
Why Use Volt?
We originally built volt to help us with mastering; specifically to perform the same role as a conventional fader would, but with greater accuracy (fewer mathematical errors) than we could achieve using a conventional DAW console fader.
Some of our mastering clients asked to try Volt; we didn't think they would hear any difference because many people think that the difference between Volt and an ordinary fader should be inaudible. We were somewhat surprised when people who actually tried Volt were saying things like "wow! that is the smoothest fade i've ever heard." We were surprised because we hadn't mentioned that anyone should use Volt for making fades since the workflow when automating Volt is more complex than for an ordinary fader. So instead we only said that Volt features 64-bit precision, and that there are several ways to access it.
- Smoother fades
- Precise control over gain staging
- Hair-splittingly precise gain staging beyond the capability of ordinary faders
- Exceptionally smooth fades as compared with ordinary digital faders
- One button undo/redo for quick and easy blind A-B comparisons
- Adjustable transition speed button-based controls
- Shuttle knob for real-time control of fade shapes
- Over seven ways to control output gain
- Three persistent memory banks
- Pure 64bit signal path
- Windows: Processor Pentium4 or newer, XP or newer, VST 2.x compatible host
MAC OS X:
- G4 or newer, 10.4 or newer, VST or AU compatible host