- top rated
The Idea & Process
Cassette Keys is a unique mixture of physical modelling and fm synths recorded on a cassette with an old & wonky cassette recorder. It has a range from C0 to E6 and 4 carefully designed velocity layers. The GUI is very simple, yet useful and almost synth-like - so just like its predecessor Cassette Piano, it’s very easy and fun to work with.
Every note of this instrument has been carefully denoised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note. Noise can still be added with the noise slider - it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering. It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
The End Result
- Useful and fun production tool - If you like vintage sounds and you're looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you.
- Simple, one page interface - Everything is laid out on one page allowing fast sound design possibilities.
- Simulated Round Robin - Makes notes sound realistic when played ostinato (even when playing fast) - check out the introduction video to hear it in action.
- Variety of sounds - With this instrument you can easily create some weird sounds and there are already 30 presets included to get you started.
- 848 MB of samples (452 MB after lossless Kontakt compression)
- Simulated round-robin
- REV (reverse) mode
- Mono mode
- 4 velocity layers
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design
- 30 presets
- Full version of Kontakt 5.5.1 (or higher) is required - you can load this instrument in Kontakt Player but it'll work only for limited time