Soundiron's Little Pump Reeds is a collection of hand held air-driven reed instruments, ranging from fine quality hand-crafted traditional Indian Shruti Boxes (related to the Harmonium), a mini accordion and the Plastisax, a plastic Melodica-like instrument. We even included a paper concertina, for a little reed-based tonal “percussion”. As always, we’ve sampled each instrument lovingly and thoroughly, with attention to playability and musicality, pushing these humble instruments much farther than they were ever designed to go. These sample sets are rich, full and playable, with the depth and detail that finally gives these little misfit toys the respect and attention to detail that they truly deserve.
The centerpiece of this collection is the Shruti Box. This traditional Indian instruments is similar in nature and tone to the harmonium. It’s most commonly used as a drone instrument to accompany voice and other solo instruments in Indian classical music, as well as a growing variety of new age and Celtic folk music. Our mini accordion is actually quite the little giant. It has 14 keys and 4 bass drones, naturally spanning three octaves. With a warm, fat tone that belies it’s humble size, this little instrument is a real diamond in the rough. The deep sub-bass octaves have to be heard to be believed. The Plastisax is vaguely like a child’s plastic soprano saxophone, but sounds more like a crisp, clear harmonica crossed with a reed organ. It has 13 keys, spanning roughly 2 octaves. With it’s rich, warm, playful sound and expressive playability, it’s ideal for children’s music and programming, or even layered with woodwinds or organs.
We also have a small palm-sized cardboard and paper ‘concertina” found in a local toy store. It really only has two tones; a single note and a chord. The notes sustain for about a second at most. We decided to use this little guy as a hand percussion instrument as well. We’ve also included a variety of combination multi-patches to explore and expound on the complimentary nature of each of these instruments. The multis and other special patches provide a lot of great depth and versatility, right out of the box. The range of sounds covers everything from menacing drones, to warbling or smooth analog synths, to mammoth reed organ choruses. This library was originally released in 2009 by Tonehammer.
- Small Accordian
- Shruti Box (related to the Harmonium)
- "Plastisax" (related to the Melodica)
- 2-Tone Paper Squeeze Box
- 1.39 GB Installed
- 997 Samples
- 59 Kontakt 3.5 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz uncompressed wav format
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform
- Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above. They provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode
- This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats
- The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization
Please note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.