- top rated
"What I particularly like is that Heartbeat is simple, no frills, no unnecessary showing off. There is just this big sound and the right ingredients to be able to focus on creating."Alan Braxe. One of the pioneers behind the "French Touch" in electronic music, who's worked with Daft Punk, Björk, Justice, Britney Spears and Beyoncé.
"Heartbeat is deep, punchy and classic futuristic,. It's a one-stop shop for a solid drum beat."Christoffer Berg. Programmer, mixer and producer for Depeche Mode, The Knife and Fever Ray.
"Heartbeat is dirty, daring and dangerous. It's a drum synthesizer where you can do so much more than imitate the sound of the eighties. You can create your own identity with Heartbeat."Andreas Tilliander. Producer, DJ, remixer and artist.
Classic drum synthesis is back with a vengeance! Flexible and tweakable—Heartbeat is your source for familiar, yet unique, drum machine sounds. Use the built-in effects and the innovative Auto Layer Machine to take your beats to unexpected places. Or use Heartbeat's instrument and EQ modules in Modular.
Heartbeat is likely to cause severe palpitations. It is the drum synth of your dreams, combining modeled analog synthesis of yesteryear with forward-thinking features and flexibility. The modeled analog sound engine, the Auto Layer Machine and the included top-of-the-line effects turns Heartbeat into a killer package for your beats.
The Synthesis Engine
While Heartbeat draws inspiration from the best analog drum synths from the 1980s, it does not emulate any existing drum machine. The sound mostly originates from Softube's own modeled analog synthesis, which has been augmented with carefully selected waveforms.
The core of Heartbeat consists of the eight instrument channels. You will find two different bass drum channels, which can be as punchy and deep as you want them, but are also perfectly capable of producing snappy and hard hitting woody textures. The two dedicated snare drum channels have six parameters each which allows you to achieve anything from edgy rimshots, soft and whispery snare rolls to machine-like claps.
The percussion channels are identical and can be used to model anything from 80s style synthetic toms to cowbells and noise drops. And just like the other channels, the hihat and cymbal channels offer flexible synthesis engines—tweak to your heart's desire!
In order to make Heartbeat your one stop shop for beat programming, we added a fully featured effects section. It includes slightly adapted versions of our beloved model of Valley People Dyna-mite and one of our top sellers of all time, the TSAR-1 Reverb. The Dyna-mite is a dynamic shaping Swiss army knife with a serious attitude. Limiting, compression, gating, sidechained ducking—Dyna-mite handles it all. And TSAR-1 is simply the most gorgeous plug-in reverb ever created.
The all new Filter Echo is a filtered delay effect with adjustable Cut Off and Resonance parameters. And finally, the output saturation can go from juicy to gritty and is not taken from any existing Softube product.
Each of the eight channels has a dedicated mixer channel with controls for volume, pan, ping-pong (auto panning), EQ (adapted specifically for each instrument) and send levels to the reverb and delay effects.
A Mind of its Own
Heartbeat is not only about sound, it's also about inspiration and interaction. This is where the innovative Auto Layer Machine comes in. The Auto Layer Machine has four channels that can each be used to layer sounds or trigger a chain of events. This can be used to create new sound textures or create automatic fill patterns in up to four steps.
If things still get too predictable, move the Chaos sliders to the right—these add an element of randomness, ranging from subtle variations to massive trigger-riot mayhem!
Flexible global velocity parameter knobs for volume, pitch, attack and decay can make Heartbeat responsive to velocity changes. Time Gate shortens the overall decay to create a stuttery and stiff machine sound.
- Eight channels of drum sounds, mostly based on modeled analog synthesis
- Mixer with volume, EQ, effect sends and panning for each channel
- Four channel Auto Layer Machine for layering sounds or triggering beat patterns
- Chaos slider adds randomness to the behavior of Auto Layer Machine
- Adapted versions of TSAR-1 Reverb and Valley People Dyna-mite included, as well as Filter Echo and output saturation
- Use Heartbeat's instrument and EQ modules in Modular (this applies only to these components, not TSAR-1 and Dyna-mite)
- No iLok USB dongle required
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
- top rated
You may also like
- top rated