- top rated
"The unique dual filter design is taking you to sonic worlds you have never been to before."Pontus Hagberg a.k.a Firechild. Producer and songwriter.
"The Korgasmatron hardware is probably my favourite filter/drive Eurorack unit. The software in Modular does not disappoint at all, it sounds crunchy and in your face."Rik Simpson. Record producer, sound engineer and musician known for his work with Coldplay.
"The Korgasmatron looks rather intimidating at first. But learning the ropes is well worth it, as it produces some gritty-sounding modulations."Jan Hennig a.k.a Kabuki. Music producer and sound designer (New Forms, V Recordings).
Taking inspiration from a classic Japanese synth, Intellijel Korgasmatron II is a dual voltage controlled filter which can also be used as a limited oscillator. It has a completely independent six mode filter on each side. The filters can be blended to taste with the Xfade knob. Korgasmatron II is an add-on module for use with Modular.
While Korgasmatron II takes its name from a classic Japanese synth released in the early 80s, it's far from a clone. Korgasmatron II offers much more grit and flexibility than its predecessor.
Korgasmatron II has a completely independent six mode filter output on each side which are selected via a rotary switch. It also has a special overdrive feature that enables the output signal to be soft or hard clipped depending on hard you drive the input signal. This is controlled via the input amp which starts clipping when you put the knob past 12 o'clock (assuming an standard 10 Vpp waveform). The hard/soft clipping differences are subtle on simple waveforms sources and dramatic on more complex sources (such as chords).
Just like the original hardware, the Intellijel Korgasmatron II can go from clean and precise to howling and agressive, from classic MS-20 type sounds to totally new territory, all depending on how you tweak the front panel controls.
- MODULAR (cross-platform modular synthesizer) is required to run this software! Click HERE for further info
- Dual filter + Xfade
- Six filter types per filter (LP 1-pole, LP 2-pole, BP 1-pole, HP 2-pole, HP 1-pole, BR 1-pole)
- Both filters track 1v/oct over 3-4 octaves (can be used as a limited VCO)
- Switch to configure serial or parallel routing
- Output soft and hard clipping
- Resonance soft clipping control (Q drive)
- Requires Modular
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
- Modular is required to run this software