"It's a very nice better-maker plugin. Great to slap on the master to get your writing session sounding interesting, but also great for individual busses that needs some life and also in the mastering stage."Axwell. DJ and Producer, member of Swedish House Mafia.
"I was quite amazed. When we first got the S73 to beta, the preset I tried was Clarity—just played a mix through it, and straight away I knew that inside it was a 1973."Kieron Clough. Product Manager, Drawmer.
"It has a grainy vibe to it that I like."Maor Appelbaum. Mastering Engineer for Faith No More, Yes, William Shatner, etc.
For the mastering engineer, a multi-band compressor is a powerful tool. But as Spiderman's uncle Ben famously says: with great power comes great responsibility. A multi-band compressor that is not used diligently may create more problems than it solves. This is why Softube created Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor (IMP).
Multiband Compression For Your Mix
Drawmer S73 features an enhanced multi-band compressor sound design, fine-tuned to improve your mix with a minimum of tweaking. The S73 does most of the job for you by making the choices a mastering engineer would make. Simply use the Style parameter to switch between ready made mastering processing techniques to quickly find the sound that suits your mix the best.
Clarity and Definition
Under the hood, the S73 is based on technology created by Drawmer for the 1973 Three Band FET Stereo Compressor. This is an award winning multi-band analog compressor design famous for its precision and flexibility. Softube has carefully modeled all the characteristics of the original analog hardware, and have taken the concept a step further by adding mastering sound design to create the Drawmer S73 IMP. The unit offers the perfect way to balance and shape your mix, and get great analog sound in no time.
- Built-in mastering processing techniques.
- Lifts your mixes to the next level.
- Great Drawmer compressor analog sound.
- Parallel compression.
- No USB iLok key required
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions
- Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- Windows 8 or newer, Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 900 MB hard disk space
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- iLok USB key (except for Console 1 and Mix Bundle) and the latest iLok License Manager (download this from www.ilok.com)
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts and operating systems. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
- Please, make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
Please note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported.