- top rated
"Dyna-mite ... holy shit! This plug-in sounds exactly as I remember the original. It's so perfectly aggressive, and that's very useful when you want to hammer a part with compression."Eric Sarafin. Mixer and Author.
"There is always the debate if plug-ins sound close to the original. With the Softube Dyna-mite I hear absolutely no difference, those guys nailed it."Michael Wagener. Engineer for Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Alice Cooper, etc.
"I like the Dyna-mite because, well, it sounds like dynamite! Definitely a unique character that you don't find with other compressors."Andrew Scheps. Producer for Metallica, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, U2, etc.
A secret weapon to some—a hidden treasure to the rest. Squash drums, get a snappy bassline, enhance track dynamics, duck, gate, key or de-ess. The Valley People Dyna-mite is a Swiss army knife limiter/expander design with unique character that inspires to new sounds.
The Dyna-mites usefulness goes way beyond the snappy and aggressive compression it is mostly known and loved for. True enough, used as a compressor it can make you blink involuntarily at every drum hit you send through it. But it can also be used as a highly versatile expander or a full on gate. Even in this day and age of digital recording with all its editing possibilites, a nice expander is still a very useful tool, for example to control microphone bleed in a natural manner. And a good gate still saves tons of time from editing. The gate can of course also be keyed from an external sidechain, which gives a lot of interesting possibilies.
The Valley People Dyna-mite features a limit mode, an expander mode, a gate mode, a de-esser mode and on top of that, two sidechain modes that let you duck or follow a track. Any way you use it, the Dyna-mite has a very special vibe and flavor. Nowadays, the Dyna-mite has a reputation not only as a problem solver but also as a creative tool that can really influence your sound in a unique way.
- Limiting: Peak and average limiting, incl. negative ratio (-20:1) limiting and detector HF filtering (for De-Essing purposes)
- Expanding: Hard or soft with extreme gate settings and detector HF filtering
- Ducking or Keying modes with external side chain (where available)
- Threshold knob with auto make-up gain
- Release ranging from 0.05 to 5 sec/20 dB with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC) to reduce pumping
- Output volume with accurately modeled output distortion and clip LED
- Innovative Range knob that controls maximum amount of expansion or limiting
- Built-in interactive guide that displays current settings and active mode
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- Windows 8 or newer, Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 900 MB hard disk space
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- iLok USB key (except for Console 1 and Mix Bundle) and the latest iLok License Manager (download this from www.ilok.com)
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts and operating systems. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
- Please, make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
AAX DSP version:
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
Please note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported.
Valley People produced some classic processors in the 70s and 80s, such as Kepex gates, Maxi-Q EQ and the Dyna-mite limiter/expander. The latter...
You may also like
- top rated