- top rated
"There is always the debate if plug-ins sound close to the original. With the Softube Dyna-mite I hear absolutely no difference, those guys nailed it."Michael Wagener. Engineer for Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Alice Cooper, etc.
"With Dyna-mite, I can go from subtle to extreme settings, the possibilities are very wide."Alan Braxe. A Pioneer in electronic music, who's worked with Daft Punk, Justice, Britney Spears and many more.
"It puts an amazing front end on the attack of a snare or a tambourine that really makes it speak in a track."Joe Chiccarelli. Engineer and Producer for U2, Beck, The Strokes etc.
A secret weapon to some—a hidden treasure to the rest. Squash drums, get a snappy bassline, enhance track dynamics, duck, gate, key or de-ess. The Valley People Dyna-mite is a Swiss army knife limiter/expander design with unique character that inspires to new sounds.
The Dyna-mites usefulness goes way beyond the snappy and aggressive compression it is mostly known and loved for. True enough, used as a compressor it can make you blink involuntarily at every drum hit you send through it. But it can also be used as a highly versatile expander or a full on gate. Even in this day and age of digital recording with all its editing possibilites, a nice expander is still a very useful tool, for example to control microphone bleed in a natural manner. And a good gate still saves tons of time from editing. The gate can of course also be keyed from an external sidechain, which gives a lot of interesting possibilies.
The Valley People Dyna-mite features a limit mode, an expander mode, a gate mode, a de-esser mode and on top of that, two sidechain modes that let you duck or follow a track. Any way you use it, the Dyna-mite has a very special vibe and flavor. Nowadays, the Dyna-mite has a reputation not only as a problem solver but also as a creative tool that can really influence your sound in a unique way.
- Limiting: Peak and average limiting, incl. negative ratio (-20:1) limiting and detector HF filtering (for De-Essing purposes)
- Expanding: Hard or soft with extreme gate settings and detector HF filtering
- Ducking or Keying modes with external side chain (where available)
- Threshold knob with auto make-up gain
- Release ranging from 0.05 to 5 sec/20 dB with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC) to reduce pumping
- Output volume with accurately modeled output distortion and clip LED
- Innovative Range knob that controls maximum amount of expansion or limiting
- Built-in interactive guide that displays current settings and active mode
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
Valley People produced some classic processors in the 70s and 80s, such as Kepex gates, Maxi-Q EQ and the Dyna-mite limiter/expander. The latter...