- top rated
"Transient Shaper is a well-conceived plugin that offers plenty of control without being complicated and CPU hungry. The dual-band architecture makes it more than just a drum processing tool."Computer Music. The world’s best selling magazine dedicated to making great music with your Mac or PC.
"The Transient Shaper is a great tool for adding dynamics to compact mixes. The sound is punchy without sounding harsh."Arjan Rietvink. Chief mastering engineer (Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Julian Calor).
"The unique ability to isolate and focus on a portion of the signal and alter its attack/sustain is just mere brilliant."Koen Heldens. Koen has worked with the likes of Beyoncé, Lil Wayne, Missy Elliott and Timbaland.
Being able to control the attack and decay of a sound is tremendously useful for anyone mixing music. But Softube's Transient Shaper goes beyond that due to the fact that it's a dual band processor. This means that the user can set it to affect only the treble or bass portion of a sound—separately for the Sustain and Punch parameters—and leave the rest untouched. This opens up a new realm of possibilities.
Transient shaping has become a vital technique in music mixing. The ability to sharpen or soften the onset of a sound, as well as lengthen or shorten the decay, has proven very useful for giving each sound just the right size and position in the mix. Transient Shaper takes this concept one step further, by letting the user affect either the entire frequency range—as most similar tools—or only the treble frequencies or bass frequencies.
For example, on drum overheads, this means you can turn up the Sustain knob and set its frequency control to Wide. This will simultaneously stretch out the room sound and cymbals, as well as give you more sustain and boom to the toms. But let's say you don't want boomier toms. Then you set the Sustain knob's frequency control switch to Hi, in which case the Sustain processing only affects the high frequencies, i.e. the cymbals and room, but leaves the toms just the way they are. Set the switch to Lo, and hear how you now only get boom from the toms, but the room sound and cymbals stay unaffected.
More than Percussion
The dual band operation makes Transient Shaper useful for much more than drum and percussion sounds. Give a vocal track clarity and presence by adding some high frequency transients—add Punch with its frequency slider set to Hi. Or create a darker and more rounded sound that oozes with vintage vibe by instead turning down the Punch knob. Use it on piano, bass, guitar, electronic drums—Transient Shaper works on a wide range of sound types.
The crossover frequency is user selectable, as is the Punch behavior (Fast or Slow). We also added an output distortion section called Clip.
- Dual band transient processing tool
- Add or reduce punch and/or sustain from any sound
- Affect either the whole frequency spectrum, only the high frequencies or only the low frequencies
- User selectable crossover frequency
- Clip section adds output distortion
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions
- Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- Windows 8 or newer, Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 900 MB hard disk space
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- The latest iLok License Manager is required, which can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
- All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts and operating systems. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
Please note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported.
- top rated