"It's probably worth pointing out that the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor isn't just an LA-2A. It's good on the same type of jobs, but it's a more modern concept and has a different sound and feel to it."Steve Levine. Producer/engineer for Culture Club, The Beach Boys, The Clash and Natalie McCool.
"Summit Audio TLA-100A is ideal to control bass or vocals, much like its cousins LA2A and LA3A. Just set and forget."Koen Heldens. Beyoncé, Lil Wayne, Missy Elliott, Timbaland.
"The most important one for me is the 'Parallel Inject' control. This allows me to set compression levels higher than I normally would with the hardware unit."Mike Ging. Jay-Z, Kanye West, P Diddy..
This classic compressor is all about gentle and natural sounding gain reduction. It effortlessly keeps your material's dynamics controlled without ever strangling the sound. Everything you put into the TLA-100A comes out the other end big and compact sounding.
The Summit Audio TLA-100A works in a program dependent manner, meaning it does a lot of the thinking for you. It's tremendously easy to use and basically impossible to make it sound bad. It will however give you some soft and warm distortion if you drive it really hard. For ease of use, Softubes TLA-100A plug-in has a Saturation knob that the original unit lacks. This lets you blend in just the right amount of distortion to your signal.
The TLA-100A shows the same basic behavior on any type of material. Its transparency and strong but gentle grab of the sound source makes it a popular choice for placing vocals and bass just where they need to be in the mix. The TLA-100A is also well suited for tasks like softening a spiky acoustic guitar that demands too much attention, or providing some 'glue' on a drum buss or a full mix.
- Controls your audio dynamics with mild authority
- Easy to use
- Built-in parallel compression and detector filtering (Low Cut filter switchable to signal input)
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Modeled output distortion, easily controlled with the Saturation knob
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc
- Softube makes the only Summit Audio plug-ins
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All Native Versions:
- Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 8 or 10
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Softube/Gobbler account
- Gobbler application to manage license activation and plug-in downloads
- Please make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses
Note: All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
AAX DSP version:
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card, please see the AAX DSP Supported Instances per DSP card for more information
Please note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer officially supported.
- top rated
- top rated