- top rated
"It breaks away from the plate-room-hall-chamber paradigm and brings a single algorithm geared towards making reverbs as big as the cosmos... Blackhole is simply a joy to use."GearSlutz. Web forum for audio recording engineers and self recording musicians.
"The huge reverb would lend itself perfectly to cavernous echoes on dubstep snares, for example. More subtle settings sound exceptional on soft pad sounds, classic deep house Rhodes chords and even on percussion parts."Attack Magazine. Attack is an electronic music magazine dedicated to impartial, independent insight, news and reviews on technology, technique and creativity.
"A simple clean guitar can be transformed into a vast atmospheric soundscape, but by the same token you can also turn things a touch sinister by heaping on the resonance, feedback and modulation depth."Paul White - Sound on Sound. Sound On Sound is the world's biggest and best audio recording & production magazine.
Most reverbs are earth-bound and constrained by the physics of the real world. Our Blackhole reverb breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality (at least the one we inhabit). At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allows it to really shine on guitars, strings and pads. At small sizes those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldy rhythm section.
From the Extreme to the Sublime
While it’s true Blackhole is capable of creating space-warping special effects and drones, it’s also capable of creating musical and subtle effects you’ll find useful for highlighting key instruments or painting a backdrop for your mix. Whether you're at the event horizon or closer to home, Blackhole will inspire and amaze while its intutive controls will allow you to add that special something to your tracks without a degree in rocket science.
In short, Blackhole is destined to be one of those tools that you turn to time and again when reality just isn't enough.
The Secret Weapon
This famed, massive reverberator first saw the light of day as an algorithm in our rackmount DSP4000 and remained a favorite in the rackmount H8000FW. For decades studio engineers considered Blackhole their "secret weapon." More recently, it was ported to our Space stompbox and became the go-to ambient effect for guitar and keyboard layers. With each new version the reverb has been refined and enhanced.
We’ve now perfected the galactic sounds of the Blackhole reverb in native plug-in form. With the Blackhole plug-in, any instrument in your DAW can warp acoustic space and time.
- Incredibly easy to use with over 50 presets; many created by Eventide artists
- Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments
- Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones
- Subtle settings for ambient washes and track higlighting
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb's decay
- Kill Switch mutes the input so you only hear the reverb. This makes for some incredible effects when automated
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant
- Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments
- Innovative Ribbon and Hot Switch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
Presets Make it Easy
Blackhole was designed to give you extensive control, allowing you to craft your own signature sounds. Included with Blackhole is a carefully curated set of 50 presets that serve as a launch pad for your explorations. These presets cover spaces as small as a room and as large as space itself.
Blackhole Plug-in Presets
- Biggest Reverb Ever
- Drum Filter Toolbox
- H8000 Blackhole
- Quasar Trails
From Space Pedal
Flood & Alan Moulder
- Hey Honey
Jonsi & Alex from Sigur Ros
- Sigur Ros
- Train Tracks
- Boxed In
- Circular Hall
- Complete Drone
- Dome Ceilings
- Double Tap
- Drum Ringer
- Jumble Snares
- Oil Drum
- Reflex Tile
- Ring Decay
- Spectral Mesh
- Spiral Verb
- Stairway Delay
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10 (PC) / Apple OS X 10.7+ (MAC)
Available Software Formats:
- AAX, AU, VST
- Pro Tools 10 + (AAX Native - Plug-in Format)
- Cubase 7+ (VST - Plug-in Format)
- Nuendo (VST - Plug-in Format)
- Wavelab (VST - Plug-in Format)
- Logic 8+ (AU - Plug-in Format)
- Ableton Live 7+ (AU, VST - Plug-in Format)
- SONAR (VST - Plug-in Format)
- Studio One (AU, VST - Plug-in Format)
- Digital Performer (AU - Plug-in Format)
- Reaper (VST - Plug-in Format)
- GarageBand (AU - Plug-in Format)
Please note: No iLok dongle is required to run this software.