- top rated
Welcome to Soundiron's Snack The Cat library!
Mike's (Soundiron Partner) cat Snack is a rather vocal and demanding studio companion. Chris and Gregg have often dared Mike to turn her into a library for years, so we finally flipped on our trusty field recorder to capture a few raw cat vocalizations just for fun. We then started exploring the audio with a few digital manipulation tricks to see where that would take us. After a bit of creative sound design, a cool little batch of ambiences and electro drum kit elements was born. We hope you enjoy this little snack-sized packet of sonic goodness.
This library's kontakt presets include a variety of performance controls to shape attack, release, pitch shifting, crescendo swelling and other automatable parameters. We've manipulated the raw source material to generate unique electro percussion kit elements, sustaining pads, organs and "synth" drones and of course, included a small collection of simple cat meow sound effects that we built these instruments from. It's compatible with the full version of Kontakt 3.5 or later. It can also be easily converted to other sampler formats and the audio files can be accessed in just about any audio software.
Fun fact: Snack will pretty much do anything for fish, including literally jumping through hoops, despite being rather well-fed. Check out the goofy little video of Snack in action that inspired us to make this fun little sample library. The jingle hoop you see Snack jumping through in the video came from a float in the San Francisco Chinese New Years parade was actually sampled a bit for our comprehensive Shake auxiliary percussion library.
- Simple cat meows
- Snack "Organs" (ambient pad instruments)
- Snack "Electro Kit" (glitchy percussion drumkit elements)
- 39 MB installed
- 24 Samples
- 9 .nki instrument presets
- 16 bit / 44.1kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform
- Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above (located by clicking the right arrow by the main product graphics) - they provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls and each one is totally automation-ready within your host environment, or Kontakt's stand-alone mode
- This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats
- The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization
Please note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.5.1 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.8 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.