- top rated
“Transient Design, Compression, EQ, and harmonic distortion all wrapped up in one ridiculous sounding package. iZotope you have done it again.”Darrell Thorp. American record producer, mixer, and engineer who's worked on albums for Nigel Godrich, Paul McCartney, Radiohead, among others.
“Neutron is incredibly intelligent and quick to use, it really enhances my skill set and will do the same to anyone who uses it, regardless of their level of experience”Rik Simpson. Multi Grammy-Award winning British record producer/Sound Engineer/Musician/Songwriter, who's gained critical acclaim for his work with Coldplay, Jay-Z, Portishead, Kasabian, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and PJ Harvey.
“It's great, one of the best compressors I've heard.”Tony Visconti. American record producer, musician and singer. Since the late 1960s, Tony he has worked with an array of performers including the late David Bowie.
Achieve unprecedented focus and clarity in your mixes with Neutron. This new mixing plug-in combines the latest innovations in analysis and metering with award-winning audio processing.
The Neutron mixing plug-in combines five great-sounding new processors with the latest in intelligent metering and analysis. Like having a virtual assistant, Neutron can listen to your audio, identify instruments, and offer tailored starting points for creating powerful mixes with focus and clarity while leaving all the creative control to you. The revolutionary new Masking Meter can help you visually identify frequency collisions between instruments, allowing you to tweak each track so it sits better in the mix. Optimized for mixing, you can use this on dozens of tracks to carve away muddiness and reveal new sonic possibilities in your mixes.
Neutron comes in two different flavors with Neutron Advanced offering all the modules as individual plug-ins and surround support for professional post production needs.
- Neutron Advanced (Neutron Advanced includes everything in Neutron plus 4 individal plug-ins and surround support)
Mix with Confidence
With powerful new features like Track Assistant and Masking Meter, Neutron helps you quickly reach an optimal starting point, clearly identify perceptual frequency collision and fully wield creative control over all your mix decisions.
Meet your New Assistant
An industry first, Neutron’s new Track Assistant lets you create a custom preset based on your audio to get you to a faster starting point so you can focus on what’s most important - your creative take on the mix. It’s like having an assistant engineer at your disposal 24/7.
Different instrument tracks like vocals, dialogue, guitar, bass, and drums are automatically detected. Neutron then applies the spectral shaping technology within Neutrino to provide subtle clarity and balance to each of your tracks.
After analyzing the incoming audio signal, EQ nodes are intelligently placed where Track Assistant thinks you need them, speeding up your workflow and eliminating much of the EQ guesswork.
Get recommendations for optimal starting points across all of Neutron's modules, including compressor thresholds, saturation types, and single vs. multiband modes (including crossover points) - a huge time saver that can leave you feeling inspired.
What makes Track Assistant So Unique:
- Automatically detects different instrument types like guitar, vocals, bass, and drums
- Creates custom, optimal starting points based on your audio tracks
- Offers three levels of power, from Subtle to Medium to Aggressive
- Adds Neutrino’s Spectral Shaping sound for subtle focus and clarity
- Intelligently places EQ nodes and creates an EQ curve
- Sets optimal settings for signal flow, including single or multiband processing
- Smartly places crossovers in multiband modes
- Selects Compressor style (Digital or Vintage) and automatically sets settings (Threshold, Attack, Release, and Ratio)
- Selects Exciter algorithm blend and dials in a custom amount tuned to the audio
Unmask Your Mix
Another industry first, Neutron’s Masking Meter allows you to visually identify perceptual frequency collisions, which can result in guitars masking lead vocals, bass covering up drums, and other issues that can cause a “muddy” or overly crowded mix. Toggle seamlessly between any two tracks to carve out sonic space and ensure that each instrument has its own place to shine.
Our Best Processing Yet
Neutron features some of the best audio processing we’ve ever created allowing you to achieve better sounding mixes inside your digital audio workstation. It includes five industry leading mixing processors, all zero-latency capable, including a static/dynamic Equalizer, two multiband Compressors, a multiband Exciter, and a multiband Transient Shaper, as well as an ultra low-latency BS.1770 True Peak Limiter – perfect for all your mixing needs.
The workhorse EQ features clean yet subtly warm processing and a pristine analog-style signal path. With 12 bands of powerful static and dynamic EQ, a range of new and vintage filter types, and flexible sidechain capabilities, it's your new go-to EQ for all your mixing tasks.
- Static or Dynamic functionality per node
- Side-chain functionality for Dynamic nodes
- Up to 12 EQ Bands
- Flat LP/HP, Resonant LP/HP, Analog lo/hi shelf, Baxandall bass/treble, Vintage lo/hi shelf, Prop Q, Band shelf
- Multiple frequency scale types: Linear, Mel, Log, Extended Log, Flat Log
- Adjust both the lead track and masking track’s EQ settings from within the same plug-in GUI
- Piano roll overlay
A parallel processing powerhouse, the Compressor offers the ultimate sonic versatility: the very best of classically ‘gluey’ character as well as transparent digital compression styles. Adjust to taste with features like Vintage mode, Auto Release, and flexible Analog (zero latency) and Transparent (hybrid) crossovers for the ultimate in multiband control.
- Clean modern or colorful vintage compression modes
- Single or multiband modes
- Threshold and crossover frequency auto-learn
- Peak, RMS, or transparent True Envelope detection
- Program dependent auto-release
- Internal or external side-chain per band
- Analog (zero-latency) or Hybrid (transparent) crossovers
The New Multiband Transient Shaper Offers Clarity, Perceptual loudness, and impact enhancement for the most responsive sonic sculpting anywhere. With three musically versatile Contour controls, your drums, guitars, vocals and sound FX have never sounded this punchy.
Transient Shaper Features
- 3 Global Modes: Precise, Balanced, Loose
- 3 Contour Shapes: Sharp, Medium, and Smooth
- Single or multiband
- Crossover frequency auto-learn
- Analog (zero-latency) or Hybrid (transparent) crossovers
The exciter allows you to easily add punch, warmth, brightness, and presence to your track without muddying up the sound. With three powerful Emphasis modes, unique, multiband blend interface featuring Tape, Tube, and two special iZotope algorithms, you can fine tune the color of your saturation to suit the needs of your track.
With three distinct algorithms to choose from, the Limiter offers huge sonic variety when adjusting levels: from ultra-transparent to clean (low latency) pumping to a crunchy brick wall. Each algorithm has three modes for tailoring the character and intensity of the limiting, and Neutron’s detailed True Peak, RMS and Short-term metering provides the accuracy needed for both broadcast and codec standards.
- 3 Limiting Algorithms: Transparency, Low Latency, and Hard
- 3 Character Modes per algorithm: Clear, Thick, and Smooth
- Zero-Latency Mode
- True Peak Limiting
- Based on iZotope’s Spectral Shaping technology
- Adds clarity and detail to your mix
- Subtly enhances instrumental separation and focus
- Four modes: Voice/Dialogue, Guitar/Instrument, Bass, and Drums/Percussive
- Simple controls
- CPU efficient
Neutron Key Features
- Perfect for all musicians and mix engineers
- Neutron plug-in with with 5 built-in mix modules and limiter
- Neutrino spectral shaping technology
- Mix Assistant
- Masking Meter
- Neutron Control
- 500+ professionally designed presets
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Mac: OS X 10.9–10.11
- VST 2 (32-bit and 64-bit), VST 3 (32-bit and 64-bit), Audio Unit (32-bit and 64-bit), AAX (64-bit), RTAS (32-bit), Audiosuite DPM and AAX.
Plug-In Host Compatibility:
- The latest versions of the following hosts have been officially qualified as of October 2016: Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9, Pro Tools 10, 11 & 12, Cubase Pro 8, REAPER 5, FL Studio 12, Studio One 3, Nuendo 7
Please Note: Neutron runs as a plug-in within your digital audio workstation. Neutron is not a standalone application and requires the installation of a DAW host.
iZotope's Neutron promises a leap forward in how we use software when mixing music and audio. There's been plenty of buzz about it since...
iZotope doesn’t really need an introduction at this point, but their new channel strip mixing plugin NEUTRON does. They do it like...
Neutron is the latest piece of mixing software developed by iZotope. Described as ‘A smarter way to mix’, it is a channel strip effect...
- top rated