- top rated
Bamboo Stick Ensemble is a classic scoring percussion library for Kontakt captures the tight, powerful clack of long, heavy raw bamboo poles, played more as a weapon than as an instrument. We struck, clashed, bent, dragged, scraped, shattered, and pounded them into splinters, with solo and ensemble articulations. Beyond just pure epic war percussion, the Bamboo Stick ensemble features haunting drones, screeches, roars and nightmarish horn-like wails that we produced by brutally grinding the resonant bamboo against stone.
Our Bamboo Stick Ensemble has been featured in a number of major motion picture soundtracks such as Avatar and Tron Legacy. It serves as a powerful display of just how far you can take a simple non-traditional object like a bamboo pole. To get just the right mix of power and edge, we took a number of high quality 8-foot x 2-inch diameter bamboo poles and sampled them meticulously in their natural state, as mighty epic percussion instruments. When striking and scraping a stone floor with them, the result is an interesting blend of aggressive slaps, clacks, screeches, drones and even howls. We recorded this library in a favorite lush tile and stone recording hall, with the specific goal of achieving the most massive and powerful epic percussion hall sound we could get. True epic percussion can only be done in a natural hall. It simply can't be faked.
The percussive impacts were produced by striking the bamboo poles against one another, often to the point of shattering. We recorded 10 round robin variations per velocity layer, with an average of 5 layers per note. The swooshes have a very rounded, whistling quality to them. They become tighter and more percussive as you move up their key range. The sustaining sounds were produced by dragging the end of the bamboo shafts against 6” square tile flooring in a large bright hall. The shafts were held almost vertically, with alternating soft and hard pressure as they were being dragged.
- Wet recording, Tile and Glass Hall
- All major type of ensemble hits/clacks/swooshes
- Each Multisampled strike articulation has up to 8 velocities & 10 round-robin pr. velocity
- Stabs and FX, both high and low tones
- Long single-shot sustains and tremolos, both high and low tones
- Looping brassy sustains
- Looping warm pad sustains
- The included Convolution Reverb effect features 115 select custom impulse responses recorded from some of our favorite locations. Among those are also fx impulses which are more special effect than reverb
- 528 MB Installed
- 441 Samples
- 27 Kontakt 4.2.4 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.4 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform.
- Check out screenshots of our custom graphical user interface for Kontakt in the image gallery above (located by clicking the right arrow by the main product graphics) - they provide a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls and each one is totally automation-ready within your host environment, or Kontakt's stand-alone mode
- This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library. However, the sample directories are fully accessible to allow user customization, import and mapping into other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
- The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab, or import this library into the Kontakt database and Quickload tools for easy navigation, loading and organization.
Please note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt 'Player' and 'Add Library' import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows XP or higher. Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.