- top rated
Plusdistortion VST emulation of the MXR distortion unit, the developer wasn't happy with the lack of good free distortion plug-ins avalible, so decided to design his own and model it on classic hardware. The plug-in also has a 'tweek' menu for fine tuning of each parameter.
- Emulation of MXR Distortion
- Stereo mode
- 2x Oversampling
- Input level - This is a volume control on the input of the effect. You can adjust this to compensate for different pickups, different input levels, etc.
- Input Type - 'Pickup' adds a resonant low-pass filter on the input to emulate the interaction between the 1nF cap on the input and a guitar pickup. 'Buffered' removes this filter.
- Op Amp Clipping - This controls the amount of distortion caused by the emulated op amp. See the how it works page (coming soon) for more details on how clipping works in the Distortion+.
- Diode Clipping - This controls the hardness of the distortion caused by the emulated diodes. Because of the way the hardness is controlled, the output gets louder as this control is turned up. See the how it works page (coming soon) for more details on how clipping works in the Distortion+ and on the diode source code.
- High Cut - This reduces high frequencies on the output. Many distortions use controls like this to reduce harshness.
- Low Cut - This reduces low frequencies on the input. Many distortion use controls like this to reduce muddiness and increase clarity.
- This is for PC only.