- top rated
Turbulence is a unique distortion processor that literally “bends” and “curls” the input signal in real time, transforming it into completely new synthetic textures. Even the most basic waveforms instantly become rich sounds with great density and character. Almost all of Turbulence’s parameters are animated by an extremely flexible sequencer with each of its 32 steps having individual transformer model, curve, modulation envelope – allowing easy creation of complex, lively rhythmic soundscapes. Turbulence can also store eight full snapshots of itself within a single preset, letting you switch them during performance or via host automation.
Controlling all of this technology is never hard thanks to Turbulence’s clean and simple, colour-coded user interface. It is rendered by your Mac’s graphics processor which means super-swift responsiveness and zero effect on audio performance. And with subtle animations of parameter changes, using Turbulence is always nothing but a pleasure.
- Four unique wave transformer models.
- Input -24 dB/octave resonant low-pass filter.
- Step sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable speed, timing and shuffle.
- Transformer gate, type, curve, envelope modulation depth, and envelope shape individual per each sequencer step.
- Eight full instance snapshots, multiple utility and randomisation functions.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
Turbulence works with Logic, GarageBand, Live, ReNoise, Reaper, Studio One, Digital Performer and other software that supports Audio Unit effect plugins. It comes in 32/64 bit format for Intel Macs running OS X 10.6 or later, and supports Retina screen resolution.
Having previously reviewed Sinevibes' Turbo—a dedicated waveshape transformer—I immediately felt on familiar ground with Turbulence. It...