- top rated
“I use Sugar Bytes Turnado a fair bit"
Rarely does a star rise at such a pace as Flume's. Also known as Harley Edward Streten, he's been on the fast track to the forefront of dance music.
Turnado is a revolutionary multi-effect tool, crafted especially for massive real-time audio manipulation. It combines unique and dynamic effects with the most intuitive and immediate control you can imagine. Just turn it on and crank it up.
In the studio, simply dial in your effect from a super-sweet selection of 24 pro-quality algorithms, then mash up your audio content with minimum fuss, quickly adding dynamic variation to your arrangements. Take it to the stage and unleash Turnado’s true power. With instant access to eight effects and immediate control over key parameters, Turnado is guaranteed to cause devastation on the dance floor, shredding beats and crunking breaks to insane proportions.
The idea is simple:
- Turn a knob and the effect is on.
- Turn the knob further to adjust effect parameters and apply modulations.
- Turn the knob down and the effect is off.
With its instantaneous, one-knob, multi-parameter modulation features, Turnado will lay waste to the audio landscape. Giving you the power to crunch, chop, twist, mash and elevate your music to new levels, Turnado will have you creating wicked new sounds that will blow any crowd away.
Unlocking the power of your MIDI controller each effect requires only one knob to control it. Underneath this simplicity lies a matrix of effect parameters and modulation engines, all controlled by the main knob. This control matrix provides serious depth to the plugin and gives you the ability to create original and truly unique effect programs.
If the power of one-knob action still doesn’t rock your boat, the awesome "Dictator" mode will sink your battleship. It allows you to animate all the main knobs and run that animation with just one fader. That’s one fader, controlling up to 8 different effects, with potentially hundreds of parameter changes!
Turnado’s primary focus is on beat manipulation, so you will find lots of loopers, slicers and grain tools in the rack. Alongside these beat-mashing effects are an arsenal of distortions and filters as well as first-class delays and reverbs. With extensive modulation possibilities each effect can produce millions of unbelievable variations that can be morphed and twisted into something new every time you tweak those knobs.
Turnado will inspire you again and again, delivering completely new variations of your original sounds and grooves every time, so what are you waiting for…turn it on.
- So simple is Turnado: Drag one of the 24 effects to one of the 8 effect slots. Turn the big Effect-Knob and the effect powers up. While turning the knob further, massive modulations take place, parameters change and your sound comes to new life.
- Each effect slot has an edit button. This button opens the effect Editpage. Here the Effect-Knob becomes assigned to effect and modulator parameters. The modulators are assigned here as well. Here you make your effects rock exactly as you want it, with new sounds for each position of the Effect-Knob.
- The Dictator controls all 8 Effect-Knobs with just one fader. Record or draw keyframes and the ride these automations with the Dictator fader. Effect disaster guaranteed!
- The incredibly flexible modulation system provides two LFO/Stepsequencers and one Envelope Follower per effect. These can be assigned to any effect parameter. The modulator parameters can be controlled with the Effect-Knob for perfect wobble filters oder changing loop sizes. Use the modulators to spice up your sounds with a little bit of mayhem!
- The modulation data coming from the Effect-Knob can be sloped in many available curves. Here you can decide for each parameter, how it should react to the Effect-Knob.
- Each effect includes a dry/wet control which provides many different mixing modes. Using this control you get the perfect effect mix for all situations. Modulate this control with Stepsequencer or Envelope Follwer for insane sounds!
- PC: WinXP/Vista/7 32/64bit, 2GHz, 1024MB RAM
- Mac: OSX 10.4+, 32/64bit, 2GHz, 1024MB RAM
By now, it's pretty well established that certain pieces of music technology have the power to create and shape music genres. Obvious examples...
For some years now we've had access to glitch plug-ins that offer more sonic madness within ten seconds of firing them up than could be achieved...
Following a string of innovative and fun performance-based instrument and effect plug-ins, German company Sugar Bytes has become a name...
SugarBytes have just released a new plugin designed for real-time manipulation of audio. Turnado is a fresh look at some of the previous excellent...