The PolyKB captures the sound and spirit of the legendary RSF PolyKobol Analog synthesizer, including one of its most stunning features : A continuous morphing Oscillator, which can be fully modulated by many sources.
This alone would set it apart from all the other common analog synth recreations, but it wouldn’t be a XILS-lab instrument if it didnt have some innovative and powerful expression tools on board.
- Three different Modulation Matrix tools, including our powerfull exclusive PolyMYX (Polyphonic Modulation YX pad ), which will make each note played on the PolyKB unique.
- The Stereo scene can be controlled by a state of the art Unison mode, combined with the exclusive DynaMYX (Dynamic stereo Modulation YX pad). Get the total control on your Stereo Scene for impressive pads or leads, and even add a little randomness to get sophisticated acoustic spaces. Move the voices through the stereo the scene. You have never had so much artitistic control over the stereo field.
- A revolutionary 8 part Polyphonic Sequencer, with live recording, velocity editing and a sophisticated Step Play mode. (Useful for live chord pattern playing).
Of course you can mix all the above to achieve spectacular instruments, arpeggios or sequences. Add to this:
- Two aliasing-free oscillators with smooth continuous morphing abilities
- A 4 pole Low Pass filter with delicate to full screaming but always pleasurable resonance (Self oscillation capable)
- Two syncable multi featured LFOs with advanced modulating features and two ADSR enveloppes.
- Ability to assign Midi CC to ALL parameters for a complete control.
- One arpeggiator, A vintage chorus and delay on board, a MIDI Synced S&H
Note: This product utilises iLok protection. Please read How iLok Authorization Works.
Continuously Morphing Oscillator:
- Morphing is controlled by all modulation sources. Triangle to Saw to Double Saw to Square to Pulse for endless possibilities.
- Hard Sync on board. A third noise oscillator is there too, Osc 2 can also behave like a LFO.
Self Oscillating Capable Filter:
- With pre-post drive module, direct Keyboard tracking and Envelope 2 knobs for immediate tweaking.
- The filter is an essential part of each analog synth, but you'll have to try the demo to get the feel of it, as nothing we could say can fully describe its creamy and precise character.
Full Modulation Tools for Expressive Instruments:
- Offering a standard hardwired Modulation Matrix, then another fully customizable Modulation Matrix wasn't enough, the PolyKobol also provides an exclusive XY bidimentional pad to control all parameters.
- The PolyMYX is controled by the Polyphony, this means that each note you play or sequence in real time on the PolyKB can sound from slightly to vastly different.
- Then of course you can assign any Midi controler to any parameter to fine tune some midi parts, or achieve tremendous effects.
- When combined with the Polyphonic Integrated Sequencer you can build anything from everchanging patterns to solid bulletproof analog sequences like in the ancient times.
The 8 part Polysequencer
- Takes the concept of step sequencers one step beyond.
- You can record 8 parts in real real time, or in step mode.
- You can transpose sequences according to the root note with the tuned mode. It also has an incredible step play mode for real live chord sequences.
- You can zoom in or out, and record velocities. Full edit capabilities of notes/parts: muting, editing, etc.
- Once all this is done you can save your sequence in its own format and build your own library of sequences
- And you can even use it as a source modulation in the mod matrix to make superior sequences
Stereo Scene and Unison:
- The PolyKB's gorgeous analog character can be reinforced by different features, like the custom number of Unison voices, and our very special Drift knob (Which randomly adds a more or less drastic disctinct character to each voice).
- In Addition, our exclusive DynaMYX Pad (Dynamic stereo Modulation XY Pad) allows you to build unique stereo scenes by allowing each note played to have a distinct stereo position. Controlled by polyphony, this unique effect will make your analog the wideset, most intense you have ever heard. We have given you some great presets to start with and can't wait to hear what you come up with.
- Of course you can also control the width of the overall stereo scene, and the direction of the mikes.
Envelopes and LFOs:
- The 2 standard ADSR are hardwired to the filter cut off and the gain, but you can use them as modulations sources too. A keyboard tracking is available for the enveloppes.
- In addition, ADSR2 can loop, or can be used as a LFO as well to complete the 2 main LFOs and the (synced) Sample & Hold module.
- The full featured LFOs can also cumulate several waveforms, like a sine and a square, or a synced noise (Sample & Hold) added to a Ramp Up.
- They have a fade in time, a delay time, and can be synced, to the host midi or internal clock.
- Of course they can be polyphonic or monophonic, so you can get both usual tremoloe, vibrato and wha effects, while preserving a second Lfo for more subtle modulations.
- You'll also get some additional parameters, like the possibility to control the speed of all Attack parameters with velocity ( Found in the Main Matrix Modulation), or the Decay/Release of all enveloppes. This is the key to expressive Keys or Brass/Strings patches, but you can use this to design rageous expressive leads as well.
- Additional paramaters related to the enveloppes are the 3 different Mono Modes, with low, high or last note priority. The Poly Circular and Poly Reset play modes are tied to the PolyMYX and DynaMYX pads described above.
Delay, Chorus, Phaser, EQ Effects:
- The PolyKB is equipped with a vintage chorus unit and an analog type Delay. You can specify the left and right time for both delay lines. Useful to add warmth and groove to your instruments. But you may need to adjust precisely some frequencies with the output channels EQ or add some phasing effects.
- Delay time, Chorus or Phaser rate can be used a destination modulation in the mod matrix to make solina style ensemble or other strange effects.
- PC: Windowx XP / Vista / 7
- Mac: OSX 10.3.9+
- RTAS (ProTools 7.0+ required)