- top rated
'Arturia has done it again!. The original SEM was one of my first and favourite synths. Arturia has nailed it!'Steve Lindsey. American record producer, song writer music publisher and music industry executive.
'The Oberheim SEM V has a simplicity and elegance that was a feature of many 70’s synths. Arturia have managed to replicate these qualities as well as adding some very cool innovations to the original design.'Brendan Perry (Dead Can Dance). Brendan Michael Perry is a singer and multi-instrumentalist best known for his work as the male half of the duo Dead Can Dance with Lisa Gerrard.
'Analogue warmth and movement abound in the unique multimode filter found on the SEM and I'm happy to say that this has been faithfully recreated''Ian Boddy. British electronic musician and composer.
More than a resemblance
A giant has come back to life. Oberheim's legendary SEM - Synthesizer Expander Module - is back for the first time as a high-end software emulation powered by Arturia's exclusive TAE® technology.
The SEM module was originally made to compliment other synthesizers but later came into its own as a great sounding synth. The unique filter that allowed continuously variable operation from low pass to high pass gave it a sound that no other had. When multiple SEM's were connected into a 4 or 8 voice polyphonic system, it became a thing of beauty.
Analog masterpiece revisited
Accurately recreating the tone, waveshapes, multimode 12dB/octave filter and other detailed characteristics, SEM V delivers all the deep analog sounds that made its grand ancestor so unique and praised. Our voice programmer mode allows you to recreate the sound of the huge and rare 8 Voice.
Uber mine of sound
The SEM is known as a bass and lead machine but our recreation extends it well beyond the original. it's sound pallet extends to moving 8 voice pads , acid arpeggios and even electronic percussion.
While the SEM was a great synth, we wanted to make it even better.
We added new innovations like the sub-oscillator for deep basses. A second LFO with more waveforms, and the modulation matrix greatly expands the sonic capabilities of the SEM. Add to this the arpeggiator and Key Follow modulator and you get one super powered synth.
- All the original parameters of the Oberheim SEM : two oscillators, each offering sawtooth wave and variable-width pulse wave with PWM, sine wave LFO, 12dB/oct multi-mode Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch, two ADS envelope generators.
- Added functionalities : New LFO, Noise, Sub oscillator, on board effects (overdrive, chorus and delay), Arpeggiator, Portamento.
- Polyphony up to 32 and 8 Voice Multitimbrality
- New 8 Voice Programmer module
- Advanced Keyboard Follow module
- Modulation Matrix module
- Works in Standalone
- Now compatible with iSEM Preset export/import
- Polyphony parameter to limit the polyphony of the plugin
- 20 new factory presets from Ian Boddy
- 21 new factory presets from Erik Norlander
- 35 new factory presets from Richard Courtel
- 11 new factory presets from Kevin Lamb
- 14 new factory presets from Drew Newmann
- "Forward Retrigg" mode for the 8-Voice Programmer (for easy use of sequences using the Arpeggiator)
- "Reassign" mode for the 8-Voice Programmer (like in the original one, the SEM V will first use the boards that are not gated in its voice assignment)
- Sustain pedal is now active on all systems
Arturia Software Center
ASC is the central software that elegantly manages all your Arturia software licenses. It activates your licenses and synchronizes them across multiple devices (you get five instances with each instrument license). ASC also notifies you of updates and downloads them. You can even easily learn about new products, download demos versions and purchase the full products. Simple.
Included in V Collection
This instrument is also part of the V Collection 5 -your complete dream line-up of the legendary synths, organs, pianos and more that made keyboard history. They’re modeled with the most advanced technologies for authentic realism, and enhanced with new creative options. Whether you use it as DAW plugins in the studio or standalone at gigs, V Collection 5 puts the greatest keys of all time at your fingertips for instant inspiration.
TAE® "True Analog Emulation" is Arturia's exclusive technology that accurately reproduces the defining sonic qualities of analog synthesizers. It recreates the characteristics of analog oscillators in amazing detail, transparency and clarity, as well as the exact properties of the analog filters that give each classic instrument its unique sound. Soft clipping adds even more punch and presence. TAE® is primarily what makes our virtual instruments indistinguishable from the originals.
Our redesigned preset browser lets you quickly find just the sound you’re looking for.
Search by name or simply select the appropriate tags to dial in on the exact sonic character you’re looking for. You can mark and recall your own favorites, enter comments, and set up playlists. There’s never been a more intuitive way to manage your library of designer and personal presets.
The user interfaces for all your Arturia instruments are now resizable, making it easy to work with any High Resolution screen, UHD or Retina.
You can decide whether you want to fill the screen with awesome graphic reproductions of classic instrument goodness, scale the window down when you’re working in a DAW and screen real estate is at a premium, or even zoom for detailed work.
- Windows: Win 7+ PC: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
- 2GB free hard disk space
- Apple: 10.8+: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
- 2GB free hard disk space
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 (32-bit and 64-bit), VST 3 (32-bit and 64-bit), AAX (32 bits with PT 10.3.8, 64 bits with PT 11), Audio Unit (32-bit and 64-bit).
- The software is protected by the Arturia Software Center.