- top rated
'With the possibilities offered in hybrid mode, this is infinitely more than just two classic synths bundled together. A real winner in my book.'Lyle Mays (Jazz Composer). Lyle Mays is an American jazz pianist and composer from Wausaukee, Wisconsin. He is best known for his work with guitarist Pat Metheny as a member of the Pat Metheny Group.
'Leave it to Arturia to bring classic synthesizers from the past back to life in such a way as to exceed all expectations'Steve Porcaro. American keyboardist and composer, who was an original member of the rock/pop band Toto.
'When I got my hands on it I was blown away'Trent Reznor [NIN]. American singer-songwriter, composer, and record producer. As both a vocalist and multi-instrumentalist, Reznor has led the industrial rock project Nine Inch Nails since 1988
The whole is better than the sum of the parts
The Prophet 5 and Prophet VS set standards and redefined the modern synthesizer. We have brought these classics back to life for you.
The Prophet 5 was the first totally programmable synthesizer on the market. This revolutionary synth became the basis for all other polysynths to this day. The Prophet VS was the last synth made by SCI and again it set the synth world on its ear. Its digital vector synthesis brought a new soundscape that was then carried on in products from Korg and Yamaha.
The original prophet
While the Prophet 5 was known for its 2 oscillator analog warmth, the Prophet VS used four digital wave table oscillators giving a crystal and clear sound. We have recreated both of these classic machines to give them the detail heard in the originals.
Perfectly balanced yin and yang
The Prophet V's combined personality of analog warmth and thickness blended with thehard edge digital sound of the VS make it perfect for the throwback 80's sound or the modern techno chord stabs.
The perfect blend
While Prophet 5 and Prophet VS were great machines, what if you could blend the two?
Our Hybrid mode is an astounding combination of Prophet 5 and Prophet VS. The result is an entirely new sound palette at your disposal: the analog subtractive synthesis plus the digital wavetable / vector synthesis of the other, both available at once in one massively powerful instrument.
- Three synthesizers in one: Prophet 5, Prophet VS, Prophet Hybrid
- All the original parameters of the Prophet 5 and Prophet VS
- New audio connection matrix
- New modulation matrix switch for the 2 synthesizers
- New Chorus and Stereo delay effects
- More than 400 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizers specialists
- Compatibility with the Presets of the original synthesizers
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16kHz
- Calculated precision : 64 bits
- Sample Frequency : until 96 kHz
- Compatible with a MIDI keyboard
- 2 analog oscillators for the Prophet 5
- 4 wavetables oscillators for the Prophet VS
- Capacity to synchronize Osc2 on Osc1 for the Prophet VS
- 1 Mixer with joystick and automation envelope for mixing the 4 oscillators of the Prophet VS
- 1 resonating low pass filter for the Prophet 5
- 1 multimode resonant filter for the Prophet 5
- 3 LFO that can be synchronized with the tempo of the host sequencer
- 5 envelopes: 2 ADSR; 3 5 point envelopes
- Polyphony of 2 to 32 voices with the unison possibility
- Audio quality and purity as in the original Prophet 5 and VS
Arturia Software Center
ASC is the central software that elegantly manages all your Arturia software licenses. It activates your licenses and synchronizes them across multiple devices (you get five instances with each instrument license). ASC also notifies you of updates and downloads them. You can even easily learn about new products, download demos versions and purchase the full products. Simple.
Included in V Collection
This instrument is also part of the V Collection 5 -your complete dream line-up of the legendary synths, organs, pianos and more that made keyboard history. They’re modeled with the most advanced technologies for authentic realism, and enhanced with new creative options. Whether you use it as DAW plugins in the studio or standalone at gigs, V Collection 5 puts the greatest keys of all time at your fingertips for instant inspiration.
TAE® "True Analog Emulation" is Arturia's exclusive technology that accurately reproduces the defining sonic qualities of analog synthesizers. It recreates the characteristics of analog oscillators in amazing detail, transparency and clarity, as well as the exact properties of the analog filters that give each classic instrument its unique sound. Soft clipping adds even more punch and presence. TAE® is primarily what makes our virtual instruments indistinguishable from the originals.
Our redesigned preset browser lets you quickly find just the sound you’re looking for.
Search by name or simply select the appropriate tags to dial in on the exact sonic character you’re looking for. You can mark and recall your own favorites, enter comments, and set up playlists. There’s never been a more intuitive way to manage your library of designer and personal presets.
The user interfaces for all your Arturia instruments are now resizable, making it easy to work with any High Resolution screen, UHD or Retina.
You can decide whether you want to fill the screen with awesome graphic reproductions of classic instrument goodness, scale the window down when you’re working in a DAW and screen real estate is at a premium, or even zoom for detailed work.
- Windows: Win 7+ PC: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
- 2GB free hard disk space
- Apple: 10.8+: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
- 2GB free hard disk space
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 (32-bit and 64-bit), VST 3 (32-bit and 64-bit), AAX (32 bits with PT 10.3.8, 64 bits with PT 11), Audio Unit (32-bit and 64-bit).
- The software is protected by the Arturia Software Center.
The SCI Prophet 5, is, to my taste, without any question, the most lovely analogue polysynth ever made, and guess what? I’m not the only one!...