- top rated
YOUR HARDCORE LOOP MACHINE.
Giada is a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs, live performers and electronic musicians. How does it work? Just pick up your channel, fill it with samples or MIDI events and start the show by using this tiny piece of software as a loop machine, drum machine, sequencer, live sampler or yet as a plugin/effect host. Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for production use and live sets.
Lots of useful tools
Tweak your sounds with the live sampler from external sources, the live quantizer, a built-in wave editor, the action recorder and the action editor.
VST plugin support
Transform Giada into a native VST and VSTi host, with plugin support for Linux, Windows and OS X.
Lightweight and powerful
32 bit floating point audio engine, sample-accurate looping system, multithread support. 100% exotic dependencies free.
100% open-source GPL
Giada is constantly under development, free for use and distribution: you can use it without any limitations. Help us to improve it more.
- Ultra-lightweight internal design.
- Multi-thread/multi-core support.
- 32-bit floating point audio engine.
- ALSA, JACK + Transport, CoreAudio, ASIO and DirectSound full support.
- Unlimited number of channels controlled via computer keyboard.
- Different playback modes and combinations.
- BPM and beat sync with sample-accurate loop engine.
- Built-in wave editor.
- VST and VSTi (instrument) plugin support.
- Live sampler from external inputs.
- Live quantizer.
- Piano Roll editor.
- Action recorder.
- Patch-based system.
- Support for all major uncompressed file formats.
- A constant stage of development.
- 100% open-source GPL.
- OS X: Mac OS X 10.5 or greater
- Windows: Windows XP or greater
- Binaries are compiled for 32-bit OSes. No hardware configuration needed.