Makes Your Tracks Sound Deft
Deft Compressor is an audio signal compressor plug-in for professional audio production applications. The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect. Such result is achieved by compressor’s timing function that closely resembles the S-curve (sigmoid curve) on both attack and release stages. S-curve timing function also helps compressor to sound “warm” and “clean” at most settings.
While at high attack settings Deft Compressor can be used to emphasize audio transients, it can also be used to “smash” audio signal if you use attack settings as low as 0.01 millisecond. Even though the S-curve is the marked feature of Deft Compressor, you can smoothly change it to a steeper L-shape by adjusting the “Punch” parameter.
Deft Compressor also features a so called “vintage” compression mode which produces compression sound reminiscent of analog valve compressors: it produces a warm, gently saturated sound with the ability to overdrive the output signal. Beside that, you may switch between the “feed-forward” and “feedback” compression modes.
Deft Compressor is perfectly usable for compressing vocals, drums, guitars and other instruments, both technically and creatively. Beside that, it can be used to compress mix groups and full mixes.
- Mastering compressor
- Instrumental track compressor
- Vocal track compressor
- Side-chain compressor
- Stereo, mid-side, 5.1 compressor
- Clean-sounding compressor
- Smooth harmonic enhancer
- Adjustable S-curve timing function
- Auto make-up gain
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- Undo/redo history
- All sample rates support
- “Vintage” compression mode
- External side-chaining
- Internal channel routing
- 64-bit floating point processing
- A/B comparisons
- Zero processing latency
- Feedback compression mode
- Key signal filtering
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Contextual hint messages
- This plugin is compatible with Windows (32- and 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and later versions) and Mac OS X (10.6 and later versions, 32- and 64-bit, Intel processor-based) computers (2 GHz dual-core or faster processor with at least 2 GB of system RAM required)
- A separate binary distribution file is available for each target computer platform for each audio plugin specification
This audio plugin can be loaded into any audio host application that conforms to the AudioUnit or VST plugin specification. Plugins with AAX version available can be loaded in ProTools 12+
- RTAS compatibility is available by using the FXpansion VST-RTAS adapter