- top rated
I've been using this live, throughout the summer at festies with big systems. Other than just sounding incredibly accurate, it also has scarily powerful sub destruction potential when you wind down that filter. After the gig, i have a look around the site. There are actually body parts and human organs littering said field due to my 22hz Foss Drone. I'm going to experiment with trying to make eyeballs pop out."Eddie Stevens. British Keyboardist, Record Producer, Composer and Arranger, best known for co-writing, arranging and touring with the UK groups Freakpower (with Norman Cook aka Fat Boy Slim) Moloko and Zero 7.
"The D16 plugins are fantastic. When D16 crew sent me the plugins, I fiddled around with them on one of my forthcoming album tracks."Glenn Morrison. Canadian Progressive House producer, DJ and Mastering Engineer whose productions/remixes have been released on Sony Music Entertainment, EMI, Ministry of Sound, Bedrock Records, Mau5trap, Songbird, and many more. His hit single ‘Goodbye’ has been Certified Double Platinum.
"We have an hardware Roland TB-303 and love the sound of it. It got such a special sound and behaviour and we thought all emulations sounded like shit.. That was until we tried the Phoscyon! It sounded like a real Roland TB-303!!! We have not used the hardware TB-303 since, sad but true."Dada Life. Dada Life is a Swedish DJ duo from Stockholm. The duo of Olle Cornéer and Stefan Engblom was formed in 2006. They have released two albums, as well as a number of singles and remixes.
Taking the classic analog sound of the legendary silver box into the future, PHOSCYON offers an unmatched sound together with advanced features such as a state of the art Distortion unit; fully user configurable BPM sync'd Arpeggiator and Randomizer; a unique 'Play Live' mode; vintage arrangement and pattern builder, full MIDI CC support and, to top it off, the most authentic 18db/oct low pass filter ever created
Diehard fans of the original Bass Line will be blown away with PHOSCYON’s uncanny emulation of the classic, but will also marvel at the ease with which new sounds can be crafted; sounds which were not possible on the original. PHOSCYON gives you access authentic vintage sounds at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. With the familiar Bass Line interface coupled with the added sound generation tools, we at D16 Group feel that PHOSCYON is quite simply in a class of its own.
Phoscyon is a vintage analog modeled Bassline synthesizer with a unique low pass filter with an 18db/oct dumping and constant resonance amplitude throughout the entire frequency domain. The filter sounds phenomenal! Hear that squelch and you’ll swear its analog! We’ve also equipped it with a fully customizable integrated arpeggiator (essential in electronic music) as well as an exhaustively analog modeled distortion effect, crucial for those screaming acid bass lines!
PHOSCYON's designers are also musicians who believe that in order for electronic music to stay relevant, it needs to evolve – just like any other genre. Our approach is to give forward thinking musicians and producers the tools they need to craft the sounds they want. Whether it’s Techno, Acid, Triphop, IDM, D&B, Ambient, or any other kind of genre-bending music, PHOSCYON will take your sound further.
- Classic 303 Sound - Faithful emulation of the classic analog sound of the legendary silver box taken into the future with whole bunch of new features for new level of artistic freedom
- State Of The Art Distortion Unit Build-In - Yet more easy, convenient and instant tweaking acidic sounds
- Arpeggiator and Randomizer - For effortless and joyful creating bass lines and crazy melodic passages with total control over the process
- 2 authentically emulated analog oscillators (saw/square)
- screaming 18db/oct low pass filter with absolutely no self oscillation
- filters equipped with transistor amplitude clipping
- perfectly scaled knob ranges
- additional synthesis controls expand the synthesizer's range
- 96 patterns
- each pattern up to 16 steps of length
- shuffle mode
- chain mode
- shuffle (swing) and tempo values defined per pattern
- patterns import/export via human readable xml files
Two Modes of Synchronization
- precise synchronization to the host tempo
- synchronization to internal clock - tempo controlled in the range 30-300 BPM (+-0.1)
- 7 predefined chords and 1 user definable chord
- arpeggiator tempo multiplier (1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 6)
- arpeggiator repeat feature
- 4 arpeggiation patterns (Up, Down, Up-Down, Random)
- defined offsets of octaves to work with
Built-in Distortion Effect (Equivalent to a Transistor Amplifier with Equalisation)
- tailored for the Acid Bassline sound!
- equipped with signal routing (Dist <=> Eq)
Many Ways of Controlling the Device
- external mode (notes triggering the sounds)
- internal sequencer (pattern mode)
- generates patterns from user defined range of notes, user defined chords or predefined chords (Major, Minor, 7th, m7th, M7, m7-5, DIM)
- generates random values for Note, Gate, Accent, and Slide attributes
- allows user to define attribute frequency
- Fully controllable via MidiCC
- OS: Version Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Software: VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Mac OS X:
- OS: Version 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x
- CPU: Intel based 1.5 Ghz (2.0 Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Software: AU / VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Please Note: Phosycon is not a standalone program - you need a DAW host application to use it
Phoscyon is an emulation of Roland’s classic TB-303, the squelchy bass synth from the early 80′s. Originally designed as a bass...
This oddly-monickered TB-303 clone aimes to bring back the halycon days of Acid House. Fans of the Roland TB-303's distinctive tones are spoilt...
You may also like
- top rated