- top rated
"The PHOSCYON is the best emulation of the TB-303 on the market, we love it. Works great and has a simple interface. We use the PHOSCYON for filtered acid basslines. D16 Group, 1000 points for the good work. Many thanks!"
- PROTONICA are Piet Kaempfer and Ralf Dietze from Berlin (Germany).
"Ever since selling my real TB-303, I've been looking for an affordable replacement. Nothing sounds like the original grey box, software or hardware... and I've tried them all. To my ears Phoscyon is as close as you can get in the digital domain, and it has all the advantages of software - making it my favorite 303 emulator."
- Producer, Engineer, Remixer
"The Phoscyon is without doubt the most authentic 303 emulator out there. Dare I say even better that the original??? It finds its way into every production I am involved with and is solid as a rock when it comes to live performance. Fantastic set of features, great price, and an unbeatable sound means the Phoscyon is king in our arsenal of sounds."
Taking the classic analog sound of the legendary silver box into the future, PHOSCYON offers an unmatched sound together with advanced features such as a state of the art Distortion unit; fully user configurable BPM sync'd Arpeggiator and Randomizer; a unique 'Play Live' mode; vintage arrangement and pattern builder, full MIDI CC support and, to top it off, the most authentic 18db/oct low pass filter ever created
Diehard fans of the original Bass Line will be blown away with PHOSCYON’s uncanny emulation of the classic, but will also marvel at the ease with which new sounds can be crafted; sounds which were not possible on the original. PHOSCYON gives you access authentic vintage sounds at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. With the familiar Bass Line interface coupled with the added sound generation tools, we at D16 Group feel that PHOSCYON is quite simply in a class of its own
PHOSCYON's designers are also musicians who believe that in order for electronic music to stay relevant, it needs to evolve – just like any other genre. Our approach is to give forward thinking musicians and producers the tools they need to craft the sounds they want. Whether it’s Techno, Acid, Triphop, IDM, D&B, Ambient, or any other kind of genre-bending music, PHOSCYON will take your sound further. Please visit our ONLINE SHOP to start making new music now with PHOSCYON!
Phoscyon is a vintage analog modeled Bassline synthesizer with a unique low pass filter with an 18db/oct dumping and constant resonance amplitude throughout the entire frequency domain. The filter sounds phenomenal! Hear that squelch and you’ll swear its analog! We’ve also equipped it with a fully customizable integrated arpeggiator (essential in electronic music) as well as an exhaustively analog modeled distortion effect, crucial for those screaming acid bass lines!
- 2 authentically emulated analog oscillators (saw/square)
- screaming 18db/oct low pass filter with absolutely no self oscillation
- filters equipped with transistor amplitude clipping
- perfectly scaled knob ranges
- additional synthesis controls expand the synthesizer's range
- 96 patterns
- each pattern up to 16 steps of length
- shuffle mode
- chain mode
- shuffle (swing) and tempo values defined per pattern
- patterns import/export via human readable xml files
Two modes of synchronization:
- precise synchronization to the host tempo
- synchronization to internal clock - tempo controlled in the range 30-300 BPM (+-0.1)
- 7 predefined chords and 1 user definable chord
- arpeggiator tempo multiplier (1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 6)
- arpeggiator repeat feature
- 4 arpeggiation patterns (Up, Down, Up-Down, Random)
- defined offsets of octaves to work with
Built-in distortion effect (equivalent to a transistor amplifier with equalization):
- tailored for the Acid Bassline sound!
- equipped with signal routing (Dist <=> Eq)
Many ways of controlling the device:
- external mode (notes triggering the sounds)
- internal sequencer (pattern mode)
- generates patterns from user defined range of notes, user defined chords or predefined chords (Major, Minor, 7th, m7th, M7, m7-5, DIM)
- generates random values for Note, Gate, Accent, and Slide attributes
- allows user to define attribute frequency
- Fully controllable via MidiCC
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Software: VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
- OS: 10.6.x or 10.7.x
- CPU: Intel based 1.5 Ghz (2.0 Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Software: AU / VST compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
It's not a standalone program so you need a host application to use it.
Phoscyon is an emulation of Roland’s classic TB-303, the squelchy bass synth from the early 80′s. Originally designed as a bass...