- top rated
Introducing Transistor Revolution MKII for Kontakt 5.
Since its conception, Transistor Revolution has remained close to our hearts. So much so that shortly after its initial release we set about making plans for an extensive update…
Transistor Revolution MKII has been fully redesigned and re-scripted from the ground up; now featuring a vastly improved workflow and new intuitive graphical interface, a ‘TR style’ 16-track step sequencer, unified instruments for both the 808 and 909, a dedicated 10-track mixer with individual processing, reverb/delay sends, volume control and pan for each drum sound, a master tape section boasting individual tape saturation per sound, and much more!
You must have a full registered version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.2.1 or higher to use Transistor Revolution Kontakt version. This (non-licenced) Kontakt instrument does NOT work with the free Kontakt player.
Transistor Revolution is also available in Live 9 and NI Maschine formats for those who do not own Kontakt 5.
Behind the scenes, the Transistor Revolution engine has been significantly enhanced to offer a wealth of additional control parameters including; extensive sequencer options and live mode, individual tune control and processing per drum sound, swing/shuffle control, host tempo sync, a unique range of impressive RAM saving options and more…
Is it possible to accurately recreate the sound of a vintage analogue drum machine in a software plugin? Nearly 3 years ago we started out on a journey to find out...
After gravitating towards the most influential drum machines ever created (namely the TR-808 and TR-909) we soon discovered the extreme depth of focus needed to faithfully capture the tone, immediacy and groove of the original instruments.
3 years on, after a lot of research and development (and 25,000 samples later) we arrived at what we believe to be the most accurate emulation of these classic drum machines ever created... Transistor Revolution MKII, our virtual analogue drum machine inspired by the classic TR-808 and TR-909 electronic drum machines of the 1980’s.
Why 25,000 samples you might ask? To give an example of the detail involved in the sampling of each instrument, the Revolution 909 Bass Drum alone uses 9318 unique sounds to faithfully recreate the 909 Bass Drum sound. Each of the 4 knobs on the Revolution 909 Bass Drum control panel scans smoothly through each and every sample in real-time... Additionally to emulate the subtle differences in sound inherent of analogue equipment we recorded 7 variations of each drum sound which cycle randomly each time a sound is played.
Each drum sound in Transistor Revolution has been carefully recorded using a pristine 3 inch solid core cable connected to a transformer balanced Radial JDI and brought to line level with an AMS/NEVE 1073 preamp. To retain the full frequency response and dynamics of this instrument we carefully matched the peak level of each drum and recorded the samples at 24-bit 96KHz using mastering grade NEVE designed conversion.
- Single unified instruments with Intuitive graphical interface faithful to the original TR-808 and TR-909 front panel layouts
- Recreate every nuance of the original analogue drum machines or define your own unique sound using the worlds most advanced sampling engine, Kontakt 5
- Smoothly scan through thousands of multi-layered samples with the turn of a single knob and play sounds which were once only tied to analogue knobs and circuits live in real-time using velocity and controller data
- Brand new TR style 16 track step-sequencer with accent control, host sync, swing/shuffle and extensive advanced parameter settings
- Dedicated 10-track mixer with individual processing, volume control and pan for each drum sound
- Dual delay and reverb units loaded with custom built Impulse Responses
- Master processing section including multi-track Tape machine, compression and master EQ modules
- Design and browse hundreds of presets that encompass the entire history of the 808 and 909 drum sound. From the original analogue step-sequenced machines, 12-bit MPC60, SP1200 and tape resampling or modern sounds not yet heard. All instantly switchable from a single click
- Modular Preset Browser allow for instant recall of Drum Patterns, Mixer Channels and Tape Machine / Master Bus Settings in thousands of different configurations
- Browse 600 included patterns in various styles and easily create and share your own using a fast and intuitive external pattern/preset browser
- Swap and browse the same presets and patterns between both Revolution-808 and Revolution-909
- Additional Ableton Live Drum Rack and NI Maschine 2.0 presets included
- 6GB in size after unpacked
- Live Performance
- Live performance features make performing with Transistor Revolution a fluid and natural experience whether you're a drummer, DJ or Producer
- Pattern write mode allows DJs and Producers to sequence and arrange patterns live in real-time with full editing capabilities all without having to look at the computer screen
- Deep velocity modulation capabilities allow live drummers to add true analogue expression to the classic 808 and 909 drum sounds which can be triggered and mapped easily from any Controller or Electronic Drum Kit
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Important: This product is a non-licensed Kontakt instrument and does not require a serial number to to install on your system.
You may also like
- top rated