- top rated
VST Speek is a free vocal synthesis VST plugin for recreating the old skool robotic text to speech we all love. Choose a preset, type any text and let’s speak !
VST Speek text to speech is 100% freeware, the plugin is based on the Software Automatic Mouth (SAM) vocal synthesis software created by Softvoice Inc for the Commodore 64.
The original C64 software has been reverse engineered and ported to C by Sebastian Macke : http://simulationcorner.net/index.php?page=sam
I have adapted then to VST plugin :
- you can trigger the speech with MIDI keyboard (velocity sensitive)
- you can use MIDI pitchbend
- you can change original pitch or mouth/throat parameters while it’s speaking
- This is not a vocal synth like “Vocaloïd”, it’s intended to do crunchy robotic lofi techno voices!
- It’s not intended for good quality speech synthesis too, better speech synthesis softwares exist now.
- PC - 32 & 64 bit VST